friday on the trail of kgb undercover pineapples

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

bimble, shop, bask

the days are blending, there is only the road, the sun, and the towel, all else is illusion
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Ning,
    Tea and brownfield milk chocolate bits while awaiting the return of mrs DHL from the showers. Mini DHL s fast asleep still. Glorious morning in the tauber valley to strike camp and head to wuppertal for a few nights in a real bed. Will fire up the stove for bacon rolls in a tick then hope everyone gets their act together so we miss the traffic around frankfurt.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

have to nip out and sort some passports so bambini are not affected by brexit cretinism then heading to local mafia waterpark so they can spend all day in the pool and i can chill reading a book and eating gelato and pizza.

ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Managed a load of ale last night with the current wife, kids back tonight which is great as we’ve missed them

WFH and looking at fun bike specs today
  • sungod
    bimbled, shopped, another bimble i think
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Trip to have my gnashers inspected later followed by a mop chop and some suitcase activity.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Morning. In work and it's absolutely piddling down with forecast for more later along with storm force winds. Great.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, arrived to an odd small case on my desk. Forgot I'd asked one of the drivers to pick me up a RIF pistol for some garden plinking action.
    Not much occurring today though upper management have scarpered, or rather just not turned up so may bin off the day around lunch time an walk the dog unless its raining, which looks likely.

Still may take her just whack a rain jacket thing on her an go. Shes weird loves water but hates her ears getting wet, daft thing.

Anyway off to hunt coffee
  • homers_double
    Morning. In work and it's absolutely piddling down with forecast for more later along with storm force winds. Great.

You're not in Cornwall by any chance are you? Some mates have been down there tenting and have bailed early given the forecast.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Morning
    Not much sleep last night due to to a couple of hours of thunderstorms, initially thought the racket was one of the neighbours putting the bins out. Too wet to ride this morning, I might dissolve.
    Hoping for an early bail.
  • Morning. In work and it's absolutely piddling down with forecast for more later along with storm force winds. Great.

You're not in Cornwall by any chance are you? Some mates have been down there tenting and have bailed early given the forecast.

Pembrokeshire. Pretty sure lots of campsites here be evacuated as well. The one at Newgale always floods when it rains and I cycled past there yesterday and it was full of tents. Be a bit more room by this afternoon I reckon.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Sitting in bed this morning slurping tea and chatting till we were suddenly scared witless by a racket from the chimney breast behind the headboard. Sounded like the roof was coming off. Next door were having their chimney swept, I can only imagine it involved some massive Wallace and Gromit mechanical revolving brush / hoover type gadget, but it sounded like he was stripping the lining from the thing.

Actually thinking about it, the tightwads decided against a log burner and have been burning the poorly seasoned remains of a coniferous hedge on an open fire, so it's possible it did require a good rogering.

Which reminds me I need to get our flue swept and the gas boiler serviced before the winter...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    keef66 wrote:
    Sitting in bed this morning slurping tea and chatting till we were suddenly scared witless by a racket from the chimney breast behind the headboard. Sounded like the roof was coming off. Next door were having their chimney swept, I can only imagine it involved some massive Wallace and Gromit mechanical revolving brush / hoover type gadget, but it sounded like he was stripping the lining from the thing.

Actually thinking about it, the tightwads decided against a log burner and have been burning the poorly seasoned remains of a coniferous hedge on an open fire, so it's possible it did require a good rogering.

Which reminds me I need to get our flue swept and the gas boiler serviced before the winter...

Heathens! Should always used good quality seasoned timber!
  • homers_double
    Jesus, imagine the carpet burns from that! And I do mean a burnt carpet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Just get a rug to put in front of the fire which you can replace every year of two. Looks nicer than a welding blanket.
  • Matthewfalle
    ridiculously hot. time to go and lie on a sunlounger

#tannin'

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Busy day for a Friday but have a ride home in some warm if possibly moist weather. Tomorrow is a uni open day involving an early-ish start, much driving and shuttling hounds around to be looked after. So will probably feel like another day at work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle

burning? fire? cooooooool

#smashitwithahammer
    #throwitoverthefence
    #neighbour'sgarden

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Fire on here fo’ sho’. Wet windy and about 5C out there.

Arranged multiple tradesmen to come visit next week. Wonder how many will actually show up.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    scorchio con fuegos del infierno here, many dips in pool
  • Yeah, warm here now and sunny after early rain. Wind increasing.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    scorchio con fuegos del infierno here, many dips in pool

#cerveja

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    sitting off in the sun drinking Birra Messina con cristalli di sale dei mari di Sicilia.

#aaah.now that'snice

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sitting off in the sun drinking Birra Messina con cristalli di sale dei mari di Sicilia.

#aaah.now that'snice

Beer with Sicilian sea salt? Eeww. I like beer, I like salt. Beer is for drinking, salt is for sprinkling.
  • sungod
    shortly after landing i laid in 40 litres of water and 40 litres of dorada, it's unclear which will run out first

salt is for patatas
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

#aaah.now that'snice

Beer with Sicilian sea salt? Eeww. I like beer, I like salt. Beer is for drinking, salt is for sprinkling.

seriously - well nice. very surprised tbh - worth a go if you can get some.

now on terrace in the pitch black listening to nothing but the crickets. its 25 degrees so drinking local white.

will gor a ride in the morning before heading back to mafia waterpark, so early night methinks.

#holibobs
    #tanlines

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    It's frikkin wet.
    It's going to be even frikkin wetter tomorrow.

5 deg c down under?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Pinno wrote:
    It's frikkin wet.
    It's going to be even frikkin wetter tomorrow.

5 deg c down under?!
    Yep wasn't the most pleasant of days yesterday, and weekend forecast is more cr@p. Don't mind the rain for a change, although our water tanks are already overflowing.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS