Bike Fit Recommendations?

mercuryrev
mercuryrev Posts: 33
edited August 2019 in Road general
Looking for a bike fit, preferably in London and the South.

Has anyone got someone they would recommend, please?

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Pat at Bespoke, Jermyn Street.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Ben6899 wrote:
    What has the world come to bike fits instead of shirts fits on Jermyn street.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Ben6899 wrote:
    they've got the most expensive machine in the hospital. That's the machine that goes "ping". So they must be good.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    For me Cyclefit on Macklin St or there is the shop in Richmond - Bicycle(?) You can find the guy who runs it Bikefit James over on You Tube. Bespoke are supposedly v.good. I recommend Cyclefit as I know them and they've always worked for me and were pioneering fitting years ago but James is quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... opensearch
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ben6899 wrote:
    they've got the most expensive machine in the hospital. That's the machine that goes "ping". So they must be good.

I had a really good experience with Bespoke, that's all I can say. Tom Donhou sends his clients there, hence my visit.

OP, I also keep up with Bikefit James on YouTube and he clearly knows his stuff. But I cannot speak from experience.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

I had a really good experience with Bespoke, that's all I can say. Tom Donhou sends his clients there, hence my visit.

OP, I also keep up with Bikefit James on YouTube and he clearly knows his stuff. But I cannot speak from experience.

I've watched the Bikefit Tuesday videos and am really impressed with his passion for his 'art'. We live abroad and sadly he is fully booked during our next trip back.

I'll check out the others mentioned

Thanks for the replies so far
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    from personal experience i'd certainly recommend cyclefit
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Messaged both and so far only Bespoke have replied....

Now got to travel up to Yorkshire while we are over, so if anyone has any good recommendations further north....?
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    Mercuryrev wrote:
    Messaged both and so far only Bespoke have replied....

Now got to travel up to Yorkshire while we are over, so if anyone has any good recommendations further north....?

Oop North? Adrian Timmis ? Although he's been in the alps recently
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    I've heard good things about the Bike Whisperer in Newbury.
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Mercuryrev wrote:

No experience of this one but may know his stuff

http://www.yorkshirebikefitting.co.uk/
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,155
    amrushton wrote:
    Mercuryrev wrote:

No experience of this one but may know his stuff

http://www.yorkshirebikefitting.co.uk/

Might not be much of a response: "PLEASE NOTE: YORKSHIRE BIKE FITTING CLOSED FOR BUSINESS PERMANENTLY AT THE END OF FEBRUARY 2019. SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS"

I'm also based in Yorkshire and would be happy to hear any more suggestions for bike fitting
  • Thanks again for the replies, seems quite a few of the places I've tried are either on holiday, fully booked(?) or closed down.

Perhaps just the time of year.

If anyone else has any recommendations......?
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    davidof wrote:
    Mercuryrev wrote:

Oop North? Adrian Timmis ? Although he's been in the alps recently

Hes back - I went for a fit with him last week. Had 3 bikes done with him - excellent service.

(Last fit was to correct a retul fit than came with new bike - Adrian's Fit was miles better)_
  • If you don't mind a small hope to Bristol come try a bike fit with Physio Fit Bristol where you'll get a bespoke bike fit that not only looks at comfort on the bike but also how your body interacts with it from a physiotherapist point of view.
    Have a browse on our website before you try www.physiofitbristol.com
  • I can second the Bike Whisperer, very knowledgeable and happy to answer questions long after your fit to make sure you're happy. He's trained by Steve Hogg, I think
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826

I can second the Bike Whisperer, very knowledgeable and happy to answer questions long after your fit to make sure you're happy. He's trained by Steve Hogg, I think

I'll third him, very thorough. Spends most of his time on the foot/pedal interface.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    James and Andy Fenn at Bicycle Richmond are both excellent at their craft
  • Thanks again for the replies, seems quite a few of the places I've tried are either on holiday, fully booked(?) or closed down.

Perhaps just the time of year.

If anyone else has any recommendations......?

I would 100% recommend Cyclefit, Julian did a fantastic job of fitting me to my bike, setting up my cleats with wedges and packers as well as create my custom sidas insoles

He inspires confidence and is worth every penny

• topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    drlodge said:

I can second the Bike Whisperer, very knowledgeable and happy to answer questions long after your fit to make sure you're happy. He's trained by Steve Hogg, I think

I'll third him, very thorough. Spends most of his time on the foot/pedal interface.
    Fourthed. I went once with knee pain, which he eliminated by a general bike fit. Some years later I developed some quite painful ankle problems, which he eased out really well for me just by changing my general position and in particular by introducing orthotics into my shoe and moving me from SPD-SLs onto Speedplay in order to allow my foot position to move further forward. Scherritt has an excellent understanding of how the whole body works, and it's a pleasure to spend time there. Lovely coffee too.