Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc 2017

Longshot
Longshot Posts: 940
edited August 2019 in Your road bikes
RL5_zpsucg4y1fj.jpg

A totally non OCP photo of my Synapse Carbon Disc Ultegra (2017).

Generally as per original spec but now with Hope 20Five RS4 (32) wheels, Continental GP5000s and the Fabric Scoop saddle changed for a Fabric Line Race model.
You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.

Comments

• Am I allowed to add a photo of my 2018 version. Mine seems to have been "blinged up" with bits of green paint!
    BgSguSQ.jpg
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Is the Invisible Man supporting your bike for the pic? How did you achieve that?
  • Clever isn't it?
  • racerex
    racerex Posts: 69
    Same, mine with the Ksyrium Pro Allroad's which cut almost 1/2 Kg off the stock Aksium's.

S7bidQ0.jpg
  • Longshot
    racerex wrote:
    Same, mine with the Ksyrium Pro Allroad's which cut almost 1/2 Kg off the stock Aksium's.

My wheel replacement was more about adding robustiness rather than losing weight :lol:
  • OK guys, talk to me about wheels. Mine has the bog standard Aksiums. They seem to run smoorthly enough, but I just get the impression that they might be a little flimsy. I'm not the lightest - 14 stone (or is that 95KG in French?) and keep seeing comments that the Aksiums are maybe not the best.
    So what would be a good replacement? I don't race, though I do press on as much as I'm able. Only run 25mm tyres. My winter bike has Hunt wheels which are tubeless ready and need a Kool Tool to put on tubes and tyres so I'm not keen on tubeless ready rims unless they take tyres with a couple of levers max. Too many debates about road tubless so I'd prefer to stick with tubes.
    No specific restirction on budget. Krysiums seem to be about £800 which I'd be happy to pay, for the right set.

What are your thoughts???
  • Longshot
    OK guys, talk to me about wheels. Mine has the bog standard Aksiums. They seem to run smoorthly enough, but I just get the impression that they might be a little flimsy. I'm not the lightest - 14 stone (or is that 95KG in French?) and keep seeing comments that the Aksiums are maybe not the best.
    So what would be a good replacement? I don't race, though I do press on as much as I'm able. Only run 25mm tyres. My winter bike has Hunt wheels which are tubeless ready and need a Kool Tool to put on tubes and tyres so I'm not keen on tubeless ready rims unless they take tyres with a couple of levers max. Too many debates about road tubless so I'd prefer to stick with tubes.
    No specific restirction on budget. Krysiums seem to be about £800 which I'd be happy to pay, for the right set.

What are your thoughts???

I bought the Hopes because I had an issue with the Aksium rear hub and, at a few kgs more than you, decided that I would prefer a more robust set of wheels given the state of the roads here in Surrey.

The Hopes actually weigh about the same as the Aksiums but I went for the 32 spoke flavour so hopefully [no pun intended] a bit stronger. I also love the 'angry wasp' sound they make.
  • Thanks. State of the roads up here in the frozen north is also bad, especially as I seek out the quiet lanes to get away from angry motorists! I'll have a look at the Hopes. Are they tubed or tubeless, and if tubeless ready how easy do you find putting tyres on?
  • Longshot
    Are they tubed or tubeless?

Mine are tubed.
    ...and if tubeless ready how easy do you find putting tyres on?

Ahhh. I did post the other day about the four ruined inner tubes I ended up with whilst trying to refit the new GP5000 on to the front wheel. I haven't treid any other tyre yet but that was a bitch of a job.
  • Ah. That was you was it? I remember it well!
    I usually run GP4000 which are supposedly easier to fit. Food for thought though.
    The last thing I want is that sort of problem 30 miles from home on a piss wet day!!!
    Merlin shop is not too far away from me so I could nip along there for a bit of a play.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Thanks. State of the roads up here in the frozen north is also bad, especially as I seek out the quiet lanes to get away from angry motorists! I'll have a look at the Hopes. Are they tubed or tubeless, and if tubeless ready how easy do you find putting tyres on?

Have a look at what Malcolm at Cycleclinic has on offer in the way of handbuilt disc wheelsets

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collection ... -wheelsets

I particularly like the look of these with the H Plus Son Hydra rims - just over £500 and I think his branded Borg hubs are Miche technology

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collection ... e-wheelset
  • Thanks. I will do. I've seen him posting on here and he seems to know his stuff.