Donald Trump

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    rjsterry wrote:
    Trump is now favourite to be re-elected
    against a candidate yet to be chosen :o
    Assuming this is from some poll, how can it possibly be meaningful this far out?

FiveThirtyEight have their various algorithms.

With the way the electoral college is worked out he compares favourably against all potential candidates.

FWIW, as far as I am concerned his administrated has strayed fully into neo-fascist policies and I consider the US as a whole to be increasingly neo-fascist. The administration's response to Mexican immigration and the conditions and terms on which many of them are being held, and their defence of it, is nothing but. Then you look at the rolling back of rights of various minorities, defending violent and discriminatory police action, etc etc.

I am quite convinced leaders in the future will be stumbling over each other to distance themselves from Trump and any friendliness to him.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    rjsterry wrote:
    Trump is now favourite to be re-elected
    against a candidate yet to be chosen :o
    Assuming this is from some poll, how can it possibly be meaningful this far out?

FiveThirtyEight have their various algorithms.

With the way the electoral college is worked out he compares favourably against all potential candidates.

FWIW, as far as I am concerned his administrated has strayed fully into neo-fascist policies and I consider the US as a whole to be increasingly neo-fascist. The administration's response to Mexican immigration and the conditions and terms on which many of them are being held, and their defence of it, is nothing but. Then you look at the rolling back of rights of various minorities, defending violent and discriminatory police action, etc etc.

I am quite convinced leaders in the future will be stumbling over each other to distance themselves from Trump and any friendliness to him.
    with this weekend racist twitter attacks on Baltimore and Senator Cummings they have the perfect opportunity, yet still they stay silent or defend him. 1500 locked up for peacefully protesting in Russia, demonstrations in Hong Kong but criticising his own constituency is more important if he thinks it will divide the country
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Seems he is threatening (again) to put a tax on French wine, this comes in retaliation to France's plans to tax large multinationals that basically dodge corporation tax.

He also stated American wine is better than French, then later corrected himself when someone brought up that he doesn't drink to say, it looks better...
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,123
    and still they appoint his judges.
  • step83

Interesting reading all his sources are correctly quoted etc. Basically if you want to find criminals just go to a Trump Tower.
  • kingstongraham
    On the positive, he's promised he will be "curing childhood cancer very shortly".
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    1. There has been another (two) of those mass murders the USA is famous for since Trump promoted migrant hate. Farage will no doubt applaud.

2. They are releasing the epstein papers (pending another appeal by Ms Maxwell who's whereabouts recently became a mystery). BTW where's Prince Andrew?

3. Trump steps up his attack on London's elected mayor through the agency of the ever-lovely Hatie Kopkins.

4. Boris Johnson is still UK Prime Minister, yes no word of a lie, he really is..

Have a nice day, y'all, wherever you came from..
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    I'm struggling to work out if he really doesn't see that the El Passo gunman may well have picked up on his anti-Mexican immigrant rhetoric or that he sees it and even he has the common sense to try to distance himself.
  • step83
    Pross wrote:
    I'm struggling to work out if he really doesn't see that the El Passo gunman may well have picked up on his anti-Mexican immigrant rhetoric or that he sees it and even he has the common sense to try to distance himself.

He was claiming earlier that both had some kind of mental illness. Police have not mentioned this anywhere.
    Also noted that Mexico could extradite the El Paso shooter as a domestic terrorist. I can see that becoming rather messy.
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:

I doubt he is that bothered about the victims tbh.

I doubt he really sees it as all that bad.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pross wrote:

the disgusting rapist racist doesn't care - he played golf while the news came out then went and hung around some random person's wedding like a dose of syphilis.

#creature
    #lizard
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingstongraham
    Olivia Nuzzi pretty much nailed it: "Normally a president would address the country and do it in a way that doesn't make it worse. Historically that hasn't happened.... I think he is incapable of talking about anything at any length that is not ultimately about him... We know who he is, so the most we can expect is for him to hopefully not make is worse on social media."
  • kingstongraham
    Olivia Nuzzi pretty much nailed it: "Normally a president would address the country and do it in a way that doesn't make it worse. Historically that hasn't happened.... I think he is incapable of talking about anything at any length that is not ultimately about him... We know who he is, so the most we can expect is for him to hopefully not make is worse on social media."

And he's failed at even that.
  • bianchimoon
    El Paso, seems like it's all the fault of the internet, video games, social media and mentally ill monsters, the death penalty will sort it, according to what he's reading off the teleprompter. He's not been allowed to speak 'off script' embarrassing
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    El Paso, seems like it's all the fault of the internet, video games, social media and mentally ill monsters, the death penalty will sort it, according to what he's reading off the teleprompter. He's not been allowed to speak 'off script' embarrassing

His tweets seem to capture what he thinks. Wants to link background checks to immigration reform, as if it was as much their fault for being there to be shot.
  • bianchimoon

His tweets seem to capture what he thinks. Wants to link background checks to immigration reform, as if it was as much their fault for being there to be shot.
    From the press conference a couple of minutes ago, you're right it's everybody else fault but his, so blatantly trying to deflect the focus away from his words and actions :?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,584
    The concept of actions and consequences is alien.
    Therefore illegal.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    Was he on coke in his speech?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,584
    "Involuntary confinement" for those with mental illness.
    Hmmmm. Sounds familiar, what next?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    He couldn’t even get the name of the place right while reading from a Teleprompter , he said it happened in Toledo.
    America’s last real president Obama’s words had real meaning
    .We should soundly reject language coming out of the mouths of any of our leaders that feeds a climate of fear and hatred or normalizes racist sentiments; leaders who demonize those who don’t look like us, or suggest that other people, including immigrants, threaten our way of life, or refer to other people as sub-human, or imply that America belongs to just one certain type of people.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Epstein has committed suicide
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Epstein has committed suicide
    Hmm. Suicide. Rather convenient what with yesterday's release of files naming Prince Andrew.

*reaches for the tinfoil*
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    yep, clearly had a visitor

trump'll be happy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    ...maybe he just committed suicide. :roll:
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Lagrange wrote:

Yeah, why complicate matters?

latest?cb=20140320212434
  • Lagrange wrote:
    These days we say that someone has completed suicide.

But then now they're saying he'd been taken off suicide watch despite a recent attempt. It's fishier than Captain Birdseye's fingers.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Was there some bloke called Andrew around and about...?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    getting his guests in the news was pretty suicidal
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny