NFL Fantasy league (?)

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
edited August 2019 in The cake stop
Really enjoyed my NFL fantasy league last year, albeit it was with random strangers.

Aren't enough people in my office or friends who like it to set a league up, so I was wondering if there were enough people here to try one. If so I'll set one up.

Don't need to know your opinions on NFL if you don't like it, but if you're interested, shout.

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Really looking forward to this season coming.
    Never done an NFL fantasy team. But if you set up a league I'll have a bash.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Really enjoyed my NFL fantasy league last year, albeit it was with random strangers.

Aren't enough people in my office or friends who like it to set a league up, so I was wondering if there were enough people here to try one. If so I'll set one up.

Don't need to know your opinions on NFL if you don't like it, but if you're interested, shout.

What's the format Rick? I do one with a couple of ex colleagues, which involves picking a different team each week: QB; 2xRB; 2xWR; TE; K; Defense. There's a budget, and the players earn points. I quite enjoy that, despite knowing nothing about the game. I just pick on form, and there's a couple of useful websites which help with that.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    hopkinb wrote:

What's the format Rick? I do one with a couple of ex colleagues, which involves picking a different team each week: QB; 2xRB; 2xWR; TE; K; Defense. There's a budget, and the players earn points. I quite enjoy that, despite knowing nothing about the game. I just pick on form, and there's a couple of useful websites which help with that.

So the one I had in mind is the popular one in the US, where, at a defined time (!) there is a draft where you have to draft your team.

That's the most exciting bit really as no-one in the league can have the same player. That's essentially your team, but you can swap out players who have not been snapped up by other players (or dropped by other players)

You pick your offence, so QB, RBs, WRs, TEs, K and then a defense (e.g. Ram's defense).

Each week you play against another fantasy team in your league, and the team with the highest score of the two records a win. (so, for example, I was top of the league lat year because I had the most head-to-head wins but only the 4th highest scoring team)

After 13/14 weeks (depending on the size), there is a playoff in a similar style to the real format.

The final week of the regular season is the final game of the fantasy play offs.

Does that make sense?

Here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/stor ... ners-guide