Endurance after Intervals

angrod
angrod Posts: 43
Hey,
I've been doing this in my training plan twice a week ( 1h endurance ride after my FTP intervals ), and was wondering if it was really beneficial.
I definitely feel better after the workout when I do some endurance after my intervals.
But I'm wondering if this 1h endurance ride is as good as a normal one I'd do on it's own, and if doing some endurance after intervals have some impact on the overall workout.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    A 1hr ride is not really 'endurance' training, by any definition...

Can you try phrasing your question more clearly?
  • angrod
    By Endurance I mean zone 2. Just above recovery.

I'm wondering if it's been proven it can be beneficial to do, like, 1h zone 2 after interval training, or if it's just the same to just cool off and go home.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    It will obviously depend on your training/performance objectives. The training objective of interval training is the interval itself (obviously). Whatever you do afterwards will be secondary and may or may not be beneficial. Riding for 1 hour in zone 2 is not going to do much for your endurance in any case, but there's no harm in including intervals within a longer ride, if that's what you mean. Lots of riders will do that, as it provides a reasonable approximation of road race conditions..
  • angrod
    I see, thanks.