tuesday reality is an illusion

2»

Comments

• Well I wouldn't say I was a fan but I definitely don't go out of my way to kill wasps etc, if they don't bother me I don't bother them. Why kill unless last resort.

They can be a nuisance, when we were sailing in Greece a few weeks back, I anchored off a remote beach that was infamous for wasps and it certainly turned out that way. Fortunately we'd had lunch on way there and just stopped off for a swim but even without food around they homed in.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,656
    edited August 2019
    Pinno wrote:
    Today I drove the 190 mile round trip to a soul-less retail park in inbetween land, had some nosh and coffee whilst chatting to some random office bloke from London who paid for the nosh.
    Funny, I had a very similar day, and met a bloke from the boondocks who I thought was going to try and nick my car :)

Have now met the buyers of my folks house, really nice family who love the place. They spent nearly an hour here. Now rustling up some dinner and making inroads into the wine.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,412
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Today I drove the 190 mile round trip to a soul-less retail park in inbetween land, had some nosh and coffee whilst chatting to some random office bloke from London who paid for the nosh.
    Funny, I had a very similar day, and met a bloke from the boondocks who I thought was going to try and nick my car :)

Have now met the buyers of my folks house, really nice family who love the place. They spent nearly an hour here. Mow rustling up some dinner and making inroads into the wine.

What did you manage to palm off?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    mf also had the plastic fan on an old t/t shatter and fling bits of razor sharpplastic into the back leggy top bit at a brazilian miles an hour.
    It's a good thing there's a few spare MFs.

they also have a cellar full of spate limbs they keep for emergencies

#passmealeg.thisoneisfucked
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    its 10:15 at night and 29 degrees so we are drinking local chilled local red (ie made by yhe bloke in the next village) and eating cheese on the terrace.

#holibobs
    #lieintomorrow
    #snorin'

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Have now met the buyers of my folks house, really nice family who love the place. They spent nearly an hour here. Mow rustling up some dinner and making inroads into the wine.

Fridge freezer, lawn mower, a few rugs, sun room furniture, some tables chairs and chest of drawers. And I got out of strimming the back jungle. Next up I'll sell some ice to the Eskimos :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Fridge freezer, lawn mower, a few rugs, sun room furniture, some tables chairs and chest of drawers. And I got out of strimming the back jungle. Next up I'll sell some ice to the Eskimos :)

I have a stack of unused sun cream if you fancy a sideline.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,878
    Almost but not quite finished the shed DIY project, so the correct thing to do today was go out and get bits to start a couple of other jobs, right?

Rode bike on turbo, which is about as good as it gets lately. Had to stop and re-install back wheel correctly, was starting to wobble alarmingly. How embarrassing would it be to crash a bike on an indoor trainer?

that happened to a mate of MFs who is in 42 Commando.

off the t/t, straight into garage wall. smashed himself up well bad.

how we laughed

#goodtimes,goodtimes

My brother was in 42 and has laughed at the same chap!
  • Stevo_666
    Even I might struggle to sell that in Redcar.
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Almost but not quite finished the shed DIY project, so the correct thing to do today was go out and get bits to start a couple of other jobs, right?

Rode bike on turbo, which is about as good as it gets lately. Had to stop and re-install back wheel correctly, was starting to wobble alarmingly. How embarrassing would it be to crash a bike on an indoor trainer?

that happened to a mate of MFs who is in 42 Commando.

off the t/t, straight into garage wall. smashed himself up well bad.

how we laughed

#goodtimes,goodtimes

My brother was in 42 and has laughed at the same chap!

brilliant wasn't it?

#chuckles

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

what you selling in Redcar?

#anychanceofadiscount?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Well, he said that he could sell ice to Eskimo's...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

#anychanceofadiscount?
    See back end of the previous page on the thread...
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I have a stack of unused sun cream if you fancy a sideline.

aaah - now i get ya!

nope. no chance

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.