SRAM Dub Press Tool?

bobbydigital
bobbydigital Posts: 254
edited August 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
I bought myself a dub bb, yes yes the bearings are small and will probably die in next to no time but they do 165mm boost cranks, so it's good for my little legs, anyway,

Does anyone know of a decent press tool for it? Internally it's 28.99mm, my press doesn't havething. The 24mm drift is too small and 30mm is too big, probably damaged the bearing using the 30mm.

Is some drifts on ebay for £13 that just go on some 10mm stub but had hoped for something a bit more decent looking.

Thought SRAM would have released something themselves.

Comments

• Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    I bought myself a dub bb, yes yes the bearings are small and will probably die in next to no time but they do 165mm boost cranks, so it's good for my little legs, anyway,

Does anyone know of a decent press tool for it? Internally it's 28.99mm, my press doesn't havething. The 24mm drift is too small and 30mm is too big, probably damaged the bearing using the 30mm.

Is some drifts on ebay for £13 that just go on some 10mm stub but had hoped for something a bit more decent looking.

Thought SRAM would have released something themselves.

Abbey bike tools do a proper drift that will fit on any halfinch bar press. They dont get much more decent looking or bling than that.

:)
  • I have never heard of them but glad you replied, their stuff looks great, $27 for their drift, just need to see if there's a UK distributor.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    I have never heard of them but glad you replied, their stuff looks great, $27 for their drift, just need to see if there's a UK distributor.
    I think sigma sport sells their stuff