TCR 7... and she won!

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,180
Not sure if anyone followed the dots in the Transcontinental race...

Refreshing to see a woman winning overall, great stuff, which shows that when you plug in resilience as a requisite to win a race, then gender no longer matters.
Could be the way of the future, more long distance stuff to break the gender divide.

Incidentally I met Fiona last year at London Wales London, really nice girl, really pleased for her
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• Hugely impressive ride by Fiona. Amazing she can go that far with so little sleep.

I’ve been following a club mate doing this (dot watching). He has just gone over the Galibier this morning now heading for the Sarenne climb. Just shows you how far ahead she was of the ordinary 200 mile a day guys.
  • ugo.santalucia
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    ... ordinary 200 mile a day guys.

Think we might have very different ideas about what constitutes ordinary, but that is by any measure an astounding achievement by Fiona!
  • ugo.santalucia
    keef66 wrote:
    ... ordinary 200 mile a day guys.

Think we might have very different ideas about what constitutes ordinary, but that is by any measure an astounding achievement by Fiona!

Ordinary for TCR, that's where the bulge of the riders is...
    .. the fact that many see riding around London for 5 hours as endurance is a different story
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    If I recall rightly she's signed up for Paris Brest Paris which starts in just under 2 weeks so she's not taking it easy! I know Audaxs aren't races but she must surely be one of the most likely to finish first.
  • ugo.santalucia
    Joe Totale wrote:
    If I recall rightly she's signed up for Paris Brest Paris which starts in just under 2 weeks so she's not taking it easy! I know Audaxs aren't races but she must surely be one of the most likely to finish first.

I don't think so... PBP is much shorter and speed matters a lot more, there will be some riders among the vedettes who will hammer well over 20 mph all the way with little or no sleep and finish in just over 40 hours.

Besides, she will probably just ride it to enjoy it, given it is not a race