Sunday somewhere...

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
Sitting in some 80's lounge about an hour after I was meant to be on my way home. Delayed by >3 hours. Shunted out to the Latino part of the airport, so there's chickens, donkeys and feral naked children running around. Extremely glad I have some valium for the 9 hour flight, though it will cheese up my body clock. Just had a large rum to take my mind off the noise. Noise cancelling headphones will be deployed shortly. Enjoy your Sunday folks. I won't enjoy mine.

Comments

• Morning. In work though soon to leave to go to bed. Then up and coffee, surf and back to work. The never ending cycle(gedddit) of pleasure and pain.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, on my way to Lancaster soon working although most of the day will be taken up with paperwork, don’t you just love health and safety
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

ride far, pay respects to the tabby, climb much, bask

delayed flights, ugh, don't recall anything positive about mia lounges either, best to get quietly squiffy and hope for a good snooze back
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

delayed flights, ugh, don't recall anything positive about mia lounges either, best to get quietly squiffy and hope for a good snooze back

Squiffy done, boarding pass on my phone seems to have been upgraded to a flat bed part of the aircraft, so a proper snooze might be achievable.
  • Good work on the upgrades. Sat in a campsite kn the black forest, watching the sun climb out from behind a mountain to burn the dew off the tent before moving DHL family to gunzburg for 3 nights of legoland Deutschland hell.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    hopkinb wrote:
    Squiffy done, boarding pass on my phone seems to have been upgraded to a flat bed part of the aircraft, so a proper snooze might be achievable.
    the only way to fly

vs or ba or someone else? on vs get the pjs on before takeoff, couple of bubblies, then zzz all the way
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    the only way to fly

vs or ba or someone else? on vs get the pjs on before takeoff, couple of bubblies, then zzz all the way
    Ba. Just sipping a bubbly now. Otard cognac on board. The kids are vibrating with snobbery as economy class troop past.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    have a good flight H3.

sunday sailing here. in it to win it. then finish off packing.

#holibobs
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Back home a few hours ago - so why the feck can’t I sleep.

Have sent a running pal a text to see if he wants to play, otherwise might even ride a bike before I attack the jungle that is the lawns

Will end up in the pub later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,165
    Always nice to get an upgrade. I prefer to get some dinner down me then sleep, can't settle when they're still clanking around with the catering anyway. Have a good trip back to reality H3. Wonder which lucky forumites are off on hols this week to replace H3, TLW and Veronese?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Still in Verona, about to go for lunch in the hills with various family members. Should be a bit cooler up there as it’s fookin’ot in town.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sitting in some 80's lounge about an hour after I was meant to be on my way home. Delayed by >3 hours. Shunted out to the Latino part of the airport, so there's chickens, donkeys and feral naked children running around. Extremely glad I have some valium for the 9 hour flight, though it will cheese up my body clock. Just had a large rum to take my mind off the noise. Noise cancelling headphones will be deployed shortly. Enjoy your Sunday folks. I won't enjoy mine.

Get stoned and get into the swing of things ffs.

Shortie's birthday party today, though she's not 7 till Wednesday. I could have halved the cake bill had I arranged it mid week.
    Cloudy, mild, drizzly. Washed and cleaned Porker#2.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I can't face the thought of long-haul flying any more. Done enough for several lifetimes and can happily do without it.

Re-assembled some cupboards and drawers in the shed. Miscellaneous other minor jobs done, but splitting firewood was not a good decision. Aggravated trapped nerves again. :evil: :x :x Back to the whisky and painkillers for me.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Washed and cleaned Porker#2.
    Two Porkers - pity your surname isn't Prescott :)

Been out and about, shopped for the hols and filled up with petrol for the long slog North tomorrow. Had a couple of Greggs sausage rolls on town - yum :) Warm here now so am just enjoying a cold can of Tory Fanta (San Pellegrino).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    silverware in the cabinet. get in you little dancer.

#winning

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    anyone else watching the bicyclerists on beeb1?

#pedallin'

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I can't face the thought of long-haul flying any more. Done enough for several lifetimes and can happily do without it.

This.
    After working years offshore in oil industry literally flying all over world to dozens of countries the novelty soon wears off, even in business class. Hence I'm now shore based. Trouble is Mrs wants holidays abroad...
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Watching the football, nursing a dog bite and falling off my bike yesterday. Cider numbing the discomfort while it’s just started to storm which means a change of plan regarding my tea of beef burger off the bbq.

Maybe another cider will provide clarity a,though the land of nod is calling me strongly..
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • hopkinb

#pedallin'
    Going past the end of my road by the sound of the helicopters outside.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

#pedallin'

you made it back home all ok, yah?

#feetupslipperson

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    on the bubbles to celebrate winning and silverware

#bambinabeateveryonelse

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

#pedallin'

you made it back home all ok, yah?

#feetupslipperson

Yep. All good. Claim in for the delay. Can't say I noticed much about the flight. Ate, slept, woke up about midday uk time. Those seats are pretty good for a kip.

Well done bambina at the sailing!
  • pinno
    Good one Bambina.
    She's definitely not following in her father's footsteps :D

#cheekyorwot.

What happened Slowmart? Come on, we want more detail.
    Gravel?
    Clipping in/out?
  • Matthewfalle
    grazie to both of the above.

she's now moving up a class which means a new boat

#lendusafiver
    #spare50pforaspinnakermate?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

14ft laser class? I had one of them. Once I had banged my head on the boom enough times, I thought I would stick to land based activities.
    #lendusafiver.

Bugger off - you're loaded.

Get an old sheet* and drag the sewing machine out of the cupboard.

*Clever eh?
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

14ft laser class? I had one of them. Once I had banged my head on the boom enough times, I thought I would stick to land based activities.
    #lendusafiver.

Bugger off - you're loaded.

Get an old sheet* and drag the sewing machine out of the cupboard.

*Clever eh?

looks that way. will start looking for one this summer then, as you know, all that Lasering entails.

she seems to know what she's doing so we may as well give it a bash...

i like your spinnaker idea - i may throw some of TDV's frocks in there and make it a family affair

#blowin'inthewind

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    [i like your spinnaker idea - i may throw some of TDV's frocks in there and make it a family affair

#blowin'inthewind

The 'sheet' pun sailed* over your head.

*You get that one, surely?

Use candlewax on the sheet. Melt it.
  • Stevo_666
    Made it to Redka in decent time with a spot of right foot assistance. Now to start finishing off the grog stash before the house gets sold.