Spoiler ***Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian***

2»

Comments

• twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,422
    Wow
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Tremendous ride by My Man Remco. Went straight from bottle duty, to covering Skujins attack, to attacking on the climb, to winning! Pure strength.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • tommasi
    tommasi Posts: 40
    Top sportsmen being born in this century scares me. He hasn't started shaving
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I think they said it was his first ever WT one day race so not bad. He might be good with some experience!
  • Also remember Marc Hirschi in E3 and Flanders this year?
    He's just 20 and he was 3rd, today.
    Seems cobbles or climbs all come the same to him, too.

However, I think with a 19 and 20 YO on the podium, San Sebastian must officially drop down to Chipper category.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    I wouldn't have put a penny, let alone a fiver, on Evenepoel seeing where he jumped, and when he did it, and after being at the tail of the bunch in the previous climb. Made Skujins blow up like a balloon. Very impressive.

Regardless, Murgil bide + 15 km + Murgil bide again totally kill the race. I mean, it's clear the total ascent is felt by the peloton, and it was only a small bunch at the top of Murgil bidea despite only Carthy attacking, but I can't see any sort of long move ever succeeding given the course. Sadly.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Well the chase was pretty terrible. Valverde doing Valverde of not ever risking anything, and the others unwilling to tow him, Van Avermaet and to a lesser extent Enric Mas to the line.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Fantastic from Remco, i,ve been following him since he took up cycling. It,s amazing to win your first big race in the same week that you announce that you have split with your long time girlfriend and are moving to Monaco so you can improve your climbing ability and be around some of the best riders in the peleton.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    ademort wrote:
    Fantastic from Remco, i,ve been following him since he took up cycling. It,s amazing to win your first big race in the same week that you announce that you have split with your long time girlfriend and are moving to Monaco so you can improve your climbing ability and be around some of the best riders in the peloton.

I’ve been following him since everyone has made a fuss of him, does that count?

If the Monaco move and girlfriend split are all part of his plan then it sounds like he’s already mastering the selfish b@stard bit needed for success in cycling...
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    Fantastic from Remco, i,ve been following him since he took up cycling. It,s amazing to win your first big race in the same week that you announce that you have split with your long time girlfriend and are moving to Monaco so you can improve your climbing ability and be around some of the best riders in the peloton.

If the Monaco move and girlfriend split are all part of his plan then it sounds like he’s already mastering the selfish b@stard bit needed for success in cycling...

I remember when I got my second cat licence . I ditched the missus and kids moved to Doncaster. You can't mess about
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    Whatever it takes to be a WINNER #doncaster
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Have we all just witnessed the moment Remco Merckx's pro career jumped to the next level?

Will we all be able to say "we were there, but didn't pick him for PTP"
    Half man, Half bike
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    On Feb 17 2015 Andrea Guardini of Italy outsprinted Tom Boonen to win stage 1 of the Tour of Oman...& Italy’s U15 football team also beat Belgium in an international friendly, despite a goal from Belgium’s left-back, Remco Evenepoel.

https://twitter.com/friebos/status/1157979092068839424
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Have we all just witnessed the moment Remco Merckx's pro career jumped to the next level?

Will we all be able to say "we were there, but didn't pick him for PTP"

That will be rectified by at least 50% of people picking him on every one day race in the calendar next year (with the rest being split over WvA and MvdP with a few old school picks of Sagan and GVA).
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    neigh whinnny wins the race
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    ademort wrote:

I remember when I got my second cat licence . I ditched the missus and kids moved to Doncaster. You can't mess about
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: