What's the Ride London Freecycle like?

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,098
edited August 2019 in Commuting chat
Am thinking of returning the steelie to London tomorrow, and it's Freecycle day, so was wondering about doing a lap of the centre.
Any done this before? Is it full of nodders on Boris bikes, in which case I'll avoid?

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    SecretSam wrote:
    Am thinking of returning the steelie to London tomorrow, and it's Freecycle day, so was wondering about doing a lap of the centre.
    Any done this before? Is it full of nodders on Boris bikes, in which case I'll avoid?
    Yes, just full of kids, people on unicycles, penny farthings, any kind of pedal powered vehicle really. You won't go any quicker than 5mph anywhere.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • secretsam
    elbowloh wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Yes, just full of kids, people on unicycles, penny farthings, any kind of pedal powered vehicle really. You won't go any quicker than 5mph anywhere.
    LOL you're not selling it to me

• condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    If you're sensible you can have a bit of a blast but it's more of a fun event seeing all of Central London on closed roads. You do see some weird and wonderful bikes, you can feel he ones pulling sound systems ages before you pass them. Morning is best as it's quieter.
    I shall be there tomorrow morning on my Condor Pista.
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • secretsam
    So I rode in from Aylesbury, delivering the TLC'd steelie.
    Did the ride.
    Carnage.
    But quite fun!

• condorman
    condorman Posts: 811
    SecretSam wrote:
    Did the ride.
    Carnage.
    But quite fun!
    It was fun but definitely getting there for the 9am start next year. I couldn't fathom those in full roadie kit, maybe they were a day early?
    Condor Pista
    50x16
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,224
    condorman wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Did the ride.
    Carnage.
    But quite fun!
    It was fun but definitely getting there for the 9am start next year. I couldn't fathom those in full roadie kit, maybe they were a day early?

Or they'd ridden in from somewhere like Aylesbury?
  • secretsam
    condorman wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    Did the ride.
    Carnage.
    But quite fun!

Or they'd ridden in from somewhere like Aylesbury?
    :D