2020 transfers

Comments

• Bouhanni to Wanty has the Balottelli feel to it.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Matteo Trentin to CCC
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    RichN95 wrote:
    Matteo Trentin to CCC
    hmmm
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    McNulty to UAE confirmed. 3 year contract.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    I’m without a team for next year.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I’m without a team for next year.
    You made too many enemies on your way up...
    Half man, Half bike
  • gweeds
    Viviani off Morkov’s Xmas card list then

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/sta ... 9650272258

Viviani at Gazzetta to his transfer to Cofidis: "We went long (with the renewal negotiations). Not us. Then Alaphilippe signed and things changed. I am just sorry that who will take my place will find Morkov"
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    edited August 2019
    Gweeds wrote:

Viviani at Gazzetta to his transfer to Cofidis: "We went long (with the renewal negotiations). Not us. Then Alaphilippe signed and things changed. I am just sorry that who will take my place will find Morkov"

I think that's a bad translation. I think he means he's sorry that he can't have Morkov with him because he's so good... As in, he's sorry his rivals get to benefit from Morkov and not him.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited August 2019
    Gweeds wrote:

That sounds complementary to me. Feeling sorry that a rival will have Morkov not him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Gabriel Cullaigh to Movistar
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

That sounds complementary to me. Feeling sorry that a rival will have Morkov not him.

Given how Morkov dropped Viviani off yesterday, I have no doubt that Viviani is saying that he's sorry Morkov's gonna be leading out someone else next year...
  • gweeds
    I read that totally wrong then. I did think it was a bit harsh :lol:
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Landa confirmed to be joining Bahrain Merida
  • gweeds
    As good as confirms Nibali to Trek then.
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    dish_dash wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

Given how Morkov dropped Viviani off yesterday, I have no doubt that Viviani is saying that he's sorry Morkov's gonna be leading out someone else next year...

Brian Holm put him in his all-time sprint team too. Outrageous lead-out yesterday.

Looks like he'll be leading out Sam Bennett too - if so it's the makings of a fantastic pairing.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Poptart242 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

Brian Holm put him in his all-time sprint team too. Outrageous lead-out yesterday.

Looks like he'll be leading out Sam Bennett too - if so it's the makings of a fantastic pairing.

Bennett to Quickstep would be a fantastic move for both parties.

Surprised at hearing about Gabs Cullaigh being snapped up by Movistar but fair play, hope it goes well for the lad
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Mikkel Bjerg has signed for UAE
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Mikkel Bjerg rumoured to be on his way to Ineos. He's already a two time U23 TT world champion which is rather impressive, particularly considering that he's still only 20.

Yeah, he was mentioned as on his way to Ineos in this post on VR, a couple of weeks agao:
    Signings: Carapaz, McNulty, Bjerg, Campanaerts, Pidcock, Hayter and Donovan

Departures: Poels (Sunweb), De La Cruz (Movistar), Elissonde (Trek), Rosa (Androni), Kiryienka, Knees and Golas (Retired).

This has been 100% wrong thus far.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,199
    gsk82 wrote:

Disappointed in this, as UAE seems to be ..... a bit crap.

Mind you, with Ellingworth that could change.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    gsk82 wrote:

Doubt he'll make much difference from a few hundred kms away up the Persian Gulf in Bahrain tbh
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Wonder if Ineos have a relationship with UAE for developing preparing riders what with Ganna and now Bjerg, probably not
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Poptart242 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

Doubt he'll make much difference from a few hundred kms away up the Persian Gulf in Bahrain tbh

Brilliant.. it is very easy to get the two mixed up
  • gweeds
    Today's fun rumour - Dan Martin to Total Direct Énergie
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,199
    Poptart242 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

Marginal gains. Extremely marginal. :oops:

Doubly disappointed now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Gweeds wrote:

That would be a good move for him
  • gweeds
    Nibali to Trek confirmed. Mas to Movistar confirmed.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    andyp wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Mikkel Bjerg rumoured to be on his way to Ineos. He's already a two time U23 TT world champion which is rather impressive, particularly considering that he's still only 20.

Yeah, he was mentioned as on his way to Ineos in this post on VR, a couple of weeks agao:

Departures: Poels (Sunweb), De La Cruz (Movistar), Elissonde (Trek), Rosa (Androni), Kiryienka, Knees and Golas (Retired).

So three of the supposed signings; McNulty, Bjerg and Donovan have signed elsewhere.

Donovan has signed for Team Sunweb, as has Italian sprinter Alberto Dainese.
  • andyp wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

So three of the supposed signings; McNulty, Bjerg and Donovan have signed elsewhere.

Donovan has signed for Team Sunweb, as has Italian sprinter Alberto Dainese.

That's the reason I didn't post it 2 weeks ago, only after DC brought it up.
    Social media is rarely right.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Gweeds wrote:

Wouldn’t be a’Total’ surprise, lower level French teams seem to be mopping up a few decent riders
  • inseine wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

Wouldn’t be a’Total’ surprise, lower level French teams seem to be mopping up a few decent riders

'Lower level teams' (TDE, Cofidis) are World Tour next year with bigger budgets and aspirations