Garmin crashed

errecaldia
errecaldia Posts: 41
edited July 2019 in Workshop
Today, after a wet ride, my Garmin 820 Edge froze, showing an unchanging display and unresponsive to any of the buttons.

Can I take the back off to let it dry and pull the battery to re-start it?

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'd stick it somewhere hot and dry like an airing cupboard for a couple of days then see if you can restart it. Never taken one apart. Been tempted to take a hammer to my Touring Plus a couple of times though...
  • errecaldia
    It's not sounding good then :(

Press and hold doesn't work, pressing and holding everything doesn't work, it's just unresponsive.
  • errecaldia
    Errecaldia wrote:

Press and hold doesn't work, pressing and holding everything doesn't work, it's just unresponsive.

RFTM.... Garmin suggest plugging in and holding down the power button. It worked :)
  • Errecaldia wrote:
    Errecaldia wrote:

RFTM.... Garmin suggest plugging in and holding down the power button. It worked :)

good that the hard re-set worked. I found with my 1000 that when the internal memory was full it started to crash/freeze every ride which led to a factory reset. I now make sure I periodically clear data off the internal memory.