Desperate need for Fuji 2017 Sportif 3.0 LE fork

wiensteve
wiensteve Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Road general
I have been looking everywhere for a used (or new) Fuji fork for the 2017 Sportif 3.0 LE (in black) road bike. It is not a straight 1.8 inch folk as it is tapered with a milled race for the bottom head bearing. I am waiting on a reply from the local dealer who has contacted Fuji, but the price of the fork as as of two years ago was 1/3 the price of a new bike! Any leads would be appreciated. Ebay, Amazon and Google searches have been already made multiple times. Thanks!

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    does it have to be the fuji one or will any tapered fork do?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    Fuji used a cyclo-cross fork for the sportif so have a look at forks from planet X maybe
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Most tapered forks will fit as the interface is just the bearing contact points/races so PX, Columbus, Deda etc should all be fine.

As an example I swapped the front fork off my old bike to see what it looked like (straight vs curved fork). You can even get away in some cases getting around steerer diameter issues with different lowers on headsets, quite common in MTB.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I have a sportif 1.1 frameset I'm not very attached to, this one.
    https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/r ... ortif-1-1d

Geometry doesn't really work for me. Make me an offer - are you in the UK?

It's size 58cm.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,237
    I have a tapered disc cyclocross carbon fork (alloy steerer) to get rid of... happy to hand it for free if you live in the Birmingham area.

Steerer is cut quite short, so not ideal if you have a long head tube or you need lots of spacers
    left the forum March 2023