Droppers post

Jacktegla
Jacktegla Posts: 14
edited July 2019 in MTB buying advice
Which one? I don’t think I can have an internally routed one.

also should I have a cable or hydraulic one.

And good makes of dropper post

Is second hand ok

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Brand-X.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    My rock shox has broke again, one to avoid!
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    JBA wrote:
    Brand-X.
    I will be getting one if these for my grandson very soon. They have great reviews and seem to last just as long as ones at 3x the price
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you have a 30.9 frame then consider the Giant posts, I buy them used (they sell cheap) and do all the maintenance myself (dead easy) and treat them as disposable. I save any good bits from older posts as spares.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Cable. Thomson if you can get one reasonably priced second hand (I recently did) - a lot of bikes changing to internally routed posts so externally routed can be had cheap. As above I had a Giant Contact post on my old Trance and that was very reliable too so worth considering but not many size options.
  • layers
    layers Posts: 20
    Rockshox had been fine for me but my Lbs says they have loads of issues and recommended KSI as a similar but more reliable option. Brand X seems to have lots of fans too