Doping at the Tour media grillings

Jammiedodgeruk
Jammiedodgeruk Posts: 36
edited July 2019 in Pro race
Was it me or was there a serious lack of grilling from the media this year aimed at the riders?

I ask because since Sky/Ineos have dominated the last 8 Tours theres always been a lot of doping questions thrown at them from various media outlets just as a matter of course that they have been obliged to wade through at the end of every stage at press conferences.

I cant recall a single question being thrown at Allaphillipe during this entire Tour. I might be wrong but it all seemed like him and his team never had to go through the obligatory doping questions like Sky/Ineos have at every Tour.

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Om the contrary: the french media became suspicious and did ask questions.
    It's just he didn't answer them and they don't seem to have pressed him too hard after that.
    Or maybe the follow ups got lost in the general hubbub that comes with the Tour.

Plus the UK press aren't interested in throwing muck at a French rider, just the homegrown talent.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Didn't Patrick Lefevere have an angry rant at the first journalist who dared broach the subject and basically shut them all up after that? Maybe that's the approach Sir Dave Brailsford needs to take rather than being so measured!
  • Maybe it was just me then!

It just struck me that it didnt seem as full on as previous years. Not that I missed seeing it or anything.
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Maybe it was just me then!

It just struck me that it didnt seem as full on as previous years. Not that I missed seeing it or anything.

Don't worry, if Froome comes back next year and goes into yellow there will be full-on speculation that he must be on something special to bring him back from the dead!! :shock: