Can't decide between these two.

hexbugspider
hexbugspider Posts: 38
edited August 2019 in MTB beginners
So, I was thinking of getting the Vitus nucleus vr but I realised that as soon as I get it would add upgrades which would make it more expensive than the following options which have higher specs.

First option is the Vitus nucleus 275 VRX

Next is the Vitus sentier baseline version.

Which would be better value since the sentier is £150 more.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    There is really no competition here the Sentier, you're getting a much more capable bike.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • robertpb wrote:
    There is really no competition here the Sentier, you're getting a much more capable bike.
    Yes but I was wondering is it worth the extra £150 in comparison to the VRX considering they both have air forks and a 1x drivetrain.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I have two legs the same as Usain Bolt, but I can't run as fast as him. I can tell you that you are getting a much more capable bike.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Blinkin' 'eck! Not again. :roll:

C'mon, Nick. In the last 13 months you have asked this question about 6 times and each time end up stating which bike you are going to buy. So far it has been a Vitus, A Voodoo, a Carrera, a B'Twin and a Calibre. Now we are back to Vitus.
    You have come full circle.

Buy the bloody Vitus and get out riding. :)
    If you can afford it get the Sentier. Boost forks and drop out and very good tyres easily make up for the increased cost.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    JBA wrote:
    Blinkin' 'eck! Not again. :roll:

C'mon, Nick. In the last 13 months you have asked this question about 6 times and each time end up stating which bike you are going to buy. So far it has been a Vitus, A Voodoo, a Carrera, a B'Twin and a Calibre. Now we are back to Vitus.
    You have come full circle.

Buy the bloody Vitus and get out riding. :)
    If you can afford it get the Sentier. Boost forks and drop out and very good tyres easily make up for the increased cost.

I'd happily buy a Vitus if there were any available. There's not so it looks like a Voodoo or a Calibre for me.