Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Pro Team Long sleeve thermal jersey from ze archive - any good, useful garment?

PTH01XX_YEL_product_H218_01
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    kinesis 4s disc frameset to build up to replace my now stolen caad9
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    spasypaddy wrote:

Sweet! I'm very tempted by that frame, but not seeing full build prices is a negative, and am not overly fond of the colours on offer. For how much do you reckon you can build it?
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    DrHaggis wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Sweet! I'm very tempted by that frame, but not seeing full build prices is a negative, and am not overly fond of the colours on offer. For how much do you reckon you can build it?
    Colours aren't great but the geo is near to perfect.

I'm not scrimping on groupset so it's not gonna be mega cheap but di2 hydro should mean zero maintenance. Then got some bits floating about already. So maybe 2500 all in?

I wanted a bowman pilgrim but doesn't take a rack and can't use a r2w voucher to buy it.
  • daniel_b
    Berk custom saddle due for delivery tomorrow :shock:
    Pics to follow.

*Thanks for your feedback Ryan W :D
    Comms from Jure is very good - sometimes it takes a little while, but he does get back to you.

Bought to celebrate my new job.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I decided to buy some new tyres for my commuter, not that they need replacing, but when I need to probably early next year.

Got 2 x GP 4 Seasons in 700 x 32c guise from Halfords for £45! That is around £20 cheaper than I usually buy them for. That was including a voucher code, BC discount code and paying with a work gift card.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Bought one of these ZLK1OR-KEY-e1541066138841.jpg

Since I do now do club runs etc, and not ever where is totally safe seems a good idea to have well a cafe lock.
  • daniel_b
    Ordered some clif bloks to see if they are as good as they are meant to be.

That Rapha jersey up the thread turned up and is a keeper, nice fit, feels like it could deal with decent cold conditions with a base layer underneath.

The Berk Saddle rocked up today as well - 78 grams!

48318281746_24c12d434a_z.jpg
    48318280901_ed928a6331_z.jpg
    48318280471_3f6f8328ac_z.jpg
    48318401147_7fb409bb8a_z.jpg

I'm hoping to get a custom decal to go on the central bridge bit, just need to find someone to make one.

IF it's as comfy as reputed, I may order one for the CR1 - this is destined for the Foil I think, despite the Syncros stock carbon saddle being irritatingly comfortable.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Tacx wheel truing stand, nothing flash and hopefully functional enough to help my fix the 10 out of true wheels I have hanging up
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    itboffin wrote:
    Tacx wheel truing stand, nothing flash and hopefully functional enough to help my fix the 10 out of true wheels I have hanging up

This one? https://road.cc/content/review/115090-t ... uing-stand
    After a spout of spoke breaking a truing stand is on the to buy list, but know I should build one instead.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

After a spout of spoke breaking a truing stand is on the to buy list, but know I should build one instead.

Yeah its £36 on Amazon atm

If i make them worse they'll end up at the LBS so nothing too lose
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    itboffin wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yeah its £36 on Amazon atm

If i make them worse they'll end up at the LBS so nothing too lose

Just clicked too.
    At least I've only got 4 wheels to fix, not your ten...
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    I went for the plastic surgery: Giro Cinder MIPS in silver/white
    12048?src=giro-cinder-mips-road-helmet-matte-white-silver-hero.jpg&fmt=jpg&sqr=700
    Given the Roka voucher from Strava, I feel very tempted to bite the bullet and finally get some sunglasses.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    These, to replace the ones that are bent in all the wrong places.
    Deda-RHM-02-Road-Handlebar-Road-Handlebars-Black-On-Black-DBI46B.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

then wrapped with this
    Deda-Mistral-Perforated-Bar-Tape-Bar-Tape-Black-DT6K.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

and this for £11 after a Strava voucher discount
    753875?w=637&h=403
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Tashman wrote:
    Deda-RHM-02-Road-Handlebar-Road-Handlebars-Black-On-Black-DBI46B.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

then wrapped with this

753875?w=637&h=403
    I have half a roll of that left over from my daughters pram.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    Tashman wrote:

then wrapped with this

753875?w=637&h=403
    How did it perform, did you get the weight and aero benefits?
  • darkhairedlord
    Daniel B wrote:
    Ordered some clif bloks to see if they are as good as they are meant to be.

That Rapha jersey up the thread turned up and is a keeper, nice fit, feels like it could deal with decent cold conditions with a base layer underneath.

The Berk Saddle rocked up today as well - 78 grams!

48318281746_24c12d434a_z.jpg
    48318280901_ed928a6331_z.jpg
    48318280471_3f6f8328ac_z.jpg
    48318401147_7fb409bb8a_z.jpg

I'm hoping to get a custom decal to go on the central bridge bit, just need to find someone to make one.

IF it's as comfy as reputed, I may order one for the CR1 - this is destined for the Foil I think, despite the Syncros stock carbon saddle being irritatingly comfortable.

Crikey, no need to pull over for a pony now.
  • darkhairedlord
    Tashman wrote:
    Tashman wrote:

then wrapped with this

753875?w=637&h=403
    How did it perform, did you get the weight and aero benefits?
    It was for her dolls pram, needed a refurb. I would love to put some on my bike but I use it all year and all weathers. The cinelli cork gel I gave on has been there for four years now. Been unwrapped and back on a few times for maintenance but only now starting to deteriorate.
  • itboffin
    Talking of bar tape I did a reverse wrap on my SS and I love it so clean, no tape and perfect lines when it's time I'm doing all my bike like it
  • daniel_b

Pony?
    itboffin wrote:
    Talking of bar tape I did a reverse wrap on my SS and I love it so clean, no tape and perfect lines when it's time I'm doing all my bike like it

Intriguing. Pics?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Daniel B wrote:

Pony?

CRS
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • daniel_b
    redvee wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:

Pony?

CRS

:lol:

That one I was familiar with, just wasn't sure, and still am not, of the relevance!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    Not bought yet because I can't find any suitable design software that'll let me take my club kit and make t-shirts with the core design.
  • For the SS I'm thinking of buying (which has drops but straight bar brakes fitted)

BLTRPRRLSR_P1.jpg?v=1

£72 a pair in most places, £39.99 on PX

Got to just love the Planet :)
  • daniel_b
    Impressed with the previous years version that was a £45 bargain from Start fitness, so just nabbed the last small in the sale from alpine trek - over 7% TCB too.

scott-body-rc-pro-cycling-jersey.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Prendas:
    2018-09-21-etxeondo-kora-ws-fluro-black-gilet-7_2000x.jpg?v=1537784408
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Castelli Endurance 2 bib shorts. New version of the Progetto2 pad too by looks of it, but seem to fit as well as the 1st edition so happy with that. Thigh material looks to be a bit more breathable, almost a dense mesh. Hot out, so will try later...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Daniel B wrote:
    Impressed with the previous years version that was a £45 bargain from Start fitness, so just nabbed the last small in the sale from alpine trek - over 7% TCB too.

You can get some brilliant bargains from Start Sport, four years ago I bagged a Scott spring gilet which was reduced from £125 to £25, only issue I had with it was the zip pull on the rear pocket was only 1/2" long but a bit of black cord made it easier to find with gloved hands.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    5800 52/36T chainrings because I need more help with my top end speed on club rides and just can't spin. 80 rpm seems to be my limit out on the road
  • itboffin wrote:
    5800 52/36T chainrings because I need more help with my top end speed on club rides and just can't spin. 80 rpm seems to be my limit out on the road

You need to stare at your stem more while shaking your head from side to side. :wink::lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo