Mudguards for Cube cross race disc

singleton
singleton Posts: 2,499
edited July 2019 in Road general
Wasn't sure where to put this - so went with general.

I've just bought a Cube Cross Race disc for some gentle off-roading as well as road use through the winter months. I want to fit some full mudguards and most of the mounts look fairly standard - except for the rear ones.

Instead of the mounts being on the side of the seat stay, they are on the back - facing rearwards just by the hub.

Has anyone got one of these and fitted mudguards? Did you just adapt / bend the mudguards to fit?

Comments

• peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Perhaps they are 'hidden mounts', like Trek do. They require additional screw in mounts like:
    Trek-Bontrager-Fender-Mudguard-Mounts---Pair--Silver-2-1508316341.JPG

If all else fails, you should be able to achieve what you need with some P-Clips.
  • singleton
    Thanks Peat - those could definitely be a good option
  • sinbad_ni
    sinbad_ni Posts: 19
    Got my bike shop to just bend the end of some standard mudguards to fit.

Works well.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    Other stores have them too, but don't these fit? This revised set of the Cube guards has been available for just under a year IIRC.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Cubeguard ... _88066.htm

The only snag I sound was that when I bought mine, they didn't supply the correct (M5x25mm?) hex screw to use on the guard's fake seat stay bridge, but it's an easily obtained screw from hardware stores.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • singleton
    Other stores have them too, but don't these fit? This revised set of the Cube guards has been available for just under a year IIRC.

Thanks Sinbad and N2O. N2O those might fit the attain but they look wrong for the cross race.

On the cross race, the seat stay bridge is not a hole right through, but threaded on one side.
    Also, the front mudguard would need a flat mount as the hole is on the outside of the forks, whereas the rear mount would need a mount bent 90 degrees as the mount is on the back of the seat stay, not the outside (shown in my avatar).
    It doesn't look like I can simply switch the mounts due to the rear needing 2 holes.