Garmin edge 520 losing connection with samsung s9

coblck
coblck Posts: 217
edited July 2019 in Workshop
Does anyone use this combination ??? While on a ride i get beeps saying phone has disconnected then a sec or 2 later it beeps phone connecting again, this happened quite a few times through out my ride and really annoying. Has anyone else notice this ??? any advice or help.

Ive tried deleting device and reconnecting but still the same.
Giant tcr pro ultegra
Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
Voodoo Marasa 2011

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    It happens with mine as well, I just assumed the Garmin and phone disconnects because of a poor signal, I ride more in the countryside rather than built up areas
  • coblck
    Thinks its to do with bluetooth loosing connectivity, almost sure its the phone at fault
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    coblck wrote:
    Thinks its to do with bluetooth loosing connectivity, almost sure its the phone at fault

Look over on the Garmin forums.
    https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitnes ... ment-434=2

The livetrack is very unreliable because of bluetooth disconnection on many garmins. Although I hear this is somewhat improved on the 530 and 830, it still occurs.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I get that with my S7 & 820 and a few minutes later they're happily talking again.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • coblck
    Does it do it more than once during a ride
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • akh
    akh Posts: 206
    I have the same combination but don't recall it being a huge problem. I've don't bother with Garmin Connect on my phone anymore though.

I've had 3 phones since the 520, one phone was fine whilst another was plagued with the disconnection problem and I didn't ever find a solution. The S9 has such poor battery life I stopped connecting it to my Garmin, but I did try it for a short while and the connection seemed OK.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    Check your mobile isn't using a battery saving mode that messes with the Bluetooth connection.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo