Handlebar recommendations

Tashman
Tashman Posts: 3,398
edited July 2019 in Road general
Morning, I appear to have bent mine a little so need to replace. The dead ones were the stock Giant bars on my 2012 Giant Defy 1. Any recommendations for a replacement? Ideally not to break the bank.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Assuming you were happy with the fit, then you'd need to identify a bar with a similar width/reach/drop. Difficult to recommend anything without knowing more...
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,583
    Deda Zero 100, or Zero 1 if you want cheaper.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I like compact reach & shallow drop and have bargain-tastic Deda RHM 01 on one bike and FSA Vero on the other
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Imposter wrote:
    Assuming you were happy with the fit, then you'd need to identify a bar with a similar width/reach/drop. Difficult to recommend anything without knowing more...

This - a bar is a bar. If you're happy with what you had - buy it again. I once accidentally got shallow drop bars. Yuk.
  • Tashman
    Fenix wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

This - a bar is a bar. If you're happy with what you had - buy it again. I once accidentally got shallow drop bars. Yuk.
    I don't seem to be able to work out what it was. The current bars with the same name seem to have a flare which isn't there on the older model. No like for like equivilent. I also can't find detail of the width/reach/drop online anywhere. i'll get the tape out on it this evening to see if I can find an equivilent.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Deda superzero are nice and don't break the bank and judicious use of a cotton bud and acetone can change it into Superhero in about 5 mins

#power
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Deda superzero are nice and don't break the bank and judicious use of a cotton bud and acetone can change it into Superhero in about 5 mins

#power

Plus 1 for the Deda stuff.
  • In my experience you are far better off having handlebars than not having them.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Deda rhm zero 2. Marginally oval pseudo aero version of rhm zero 1. Or something...
  • Leaa
    Leaa Posts: 5
    I totally agree with Deda Elementi. Just bought the Superzero handlebar at Velo 04 at a great price. These drop bars are the best! Good luck with your choice.
    Cheers! Leaa
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Tashman wrote:
    Fenix wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

I don't seem to be able to work out what it was. The current bars with the same name seem to have a flare which isn't there on the older model. No like for like equivilent. I also can't find detail of the width/reach/drop online anywhere. i'll get the tape out on it this evening to see if I can find an equivilent.

Think I’ve got some giant bars in the shed. Yours if you want them - sure we can figure out postage cost.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Tashman wrote:
    Fenix wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Think I’ve got some giant bars in the shed. Yours if you want them - sure we can figure out postage cost.
  • Tashman
    johngti wrote:
    Tashman wrote:
    Fenix wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Thanks for that, I've got some being delivered today now. if there's an issue I'll drop you a line.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Handlebars are okay. Certainly better than a Hitler tash. Goatees have gone out of fashion, but you still see a lot of them in places like Arizona, because they disguise a double chin. Is that any help?
  • I've got some Deda Zero 1 hanging up in the garage. 420mm wide. Yours if you'll pay postage.