Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• hanshotfirst
    hanshotfirst Posts: 373
    I want it to be Pinot.

I think it will be Thomas.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I'd have no objection to any one of those six winning it. But I think it'll be Thomas, especially if Ineos get over whatever has been causing their drop in form.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,581
    I've gone for Pinot, would love Geraint to win again but I don't think he has enough in hand over Pinot who looks more likely to pick up a few bonus seconds
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Much as I want Thomas to win again, the story so far I don't think supports a Thomas win without something changing in the third week - and that could be as simple as fatigue on either side.

On the road, excluding TT and crosswinds, Pinot's "legs" have earned him 4 finishes ahead of Thomas, accruing 1m50 time gaps and 24s bonuses, so 2m14s advantage. Thomas' legs have gained him 2s on Pinot on road stages, and 47s in TTT / ITT advantage. That's a net 1m25s in favour of Pinot, which becomes a net 15s in favour of Thomas when the crosswinds day losses of 1m40 comes into play.

This is where the gaps have come, and who they have benefited
    Stage	TT	Legs	Bonus	Crosswinds
     2		12GT
     3				5TB
     6				2GT
     8				20TP	8TP
    10									1m40GT
    13		35GT
    14				36TP	10TP
    15				49TP	6TP
    Total	47GT 1m48TP 24TP	  1m40GT

Let's assume that there isn't a repeat of the brain fade that lost Pinot the crosswinds time, and with no opportunity for any more TT advantage to play into Thomas' hands, the prediction would be for Pinot to gain around 35-40s on Thomas over the next few stages, perhaps a few less if bonus seconds are discounted.

I know it's not as simple as all that, but just a different way of looking at it. Bring on Thursday / Friday / Saturday!
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Kruijswijk
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Surprisingly it seems to be a two horse race on this forum.