Tacx T2240 Resistance

Sutton_Rider
Sutton_Rider Posts: 493
I've just started using the Tacx T2240 with Bkool and have found the resistance too hard. Is there anyway it can be reduced? If I use a granny gear its OK, but then I'm only doing 10mph. (I'm old so not in the best condition :cry: ).

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    The roller can be adjusted, look in your instructions. :D
    I use the Tacx app and everything can be input on there including calibration/resistance.
  • Sutton_Rider
    Thanks for your reply, I have adjusted / calibrated the roller, I've even set it on the lightest touch, it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have a Tacx app on the phone, but there's nothing on it about resistance just calibration. Is it the same app.
  • diamonddog
    Make sure the trainer is connected to the Tacx app, make sure the device is recognised, then go to ‘Preferences’ and make sure the settings you want are correct. Then re-calibrate the trainer to within the correct parameters on the app by adjusting the resistance.
    The roller shouldn’t be on the lightest touch as this contact is what gives the trainer a more realistic road feel as you do the workouts.
    Just for clarity mine is used via iPad and Bluetooth.
  • Sutton_Rider
    Thanks diamonddog, I've loaded the Tacx app, but there's no 'Preferences' menu option. I have found where to adjust the resistance though and its about OK, but its still much harder to pedal than if it were on the road.
  • diamonddog
    On the Tacx Cycling app click on the menu and the Preferences option is at the bottom just above the Help option (third from the bottom).
  • Sutton_Rider
    I must be looking at the wrong app, I have 2 on the android phone. The first 'Tacx Training' it doesn't have Pref or Help options. The 2nd app 'Tacx Utility' again no Pref or Help. Is there another app? There's nothing in the paperwork that came with this kit.
  • Sutton_Rider
    Just looking on line and it seems there is no Tacx Cycling app for android. That's why I cant find it.