Wahoo Element Bolt Map view with gradient profile

jpower
jpower Posts: 554
edited July 2019 in Road general
Hey,

So honest I am not going mad, but a couple of weeks back my bolt in map view had the profile graph at the bottom, I really liked it, but now its gone and I do not know how to get it back.

Anyone?

Comments

• jpower
    I just found out the answer. Can you believe the feature I liked was a bug and fixed in the latest firmware update:-

BOLT WB15-4036 - 9 July, 2019
    FIXED: Climbing profile incorrectly displaying on map page

Oh man.
  • pauly69
    pauly69 Posts: 101
    You have to laugh, I noticed this too, and the subsequent removal in recent update. Sounds like they should be lobbied to put it back as a selectable option on the map page.
  • jpower
    pauly69 wrote:
    You have to laugh, I noticed this too, and the subsequent removal in recent update. Sounds like they should be lobbied to put it back as a selectable option on the map page.

For sure, I was going bonkers to find that setting. I loved that profile on the map. I already sent them an email, so the more people that ask the more chance.
  • I wouldn't hold your breath. They're completely useless at listening to customers/ users requests. I've contacted them several times to ask why they can't provide lap-by-location functionality. My old Garmin Edge 500 had this very basic yet very useful function which allowed you to trigger an auto lap eg every time you passed the finish line in a road circuit race.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Elevation profile on the map page is a feature on the ROAM. It might be filtered down to older devices once the ROAM has gone through any teething problems. I'm sure my ELEMNT does lap by location and I've never had a problem with communication with Wahoo. Maybe its the way you ask? :D
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • jpower
    They did say they would forward my request. And the fact they have already done it and removed means it's obviously possible and the code is already there.
  • philthy3 wrote:
    Elevation profile on the map page is a feature on the ROAM. It might be filtered down to older devices once the ROAM has gone through any teething problems. I'm sure my ELEMNT does lap by location and I've never had a problem with communication with Wahoo. Maybe its the way you ask? :D

Latest firmware update on Bolt doesn't yield lap by location, and no, it's nothing to do with the way I've asked.
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Can you create a custom page to include the gradient view using the app?
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    david7m wrote:
    Can you create a custom page to include the gradient view using the app?

I don't think you can. AFAIK you only get it on the "climbing" page.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,842
    By chance I discovered Stages do a GPS computer that shows the elevation profile, while browsing PBK earlier.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    I suspect this was an accidental push of a future feature, as mentioned above regarding the ROAM.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    edited July 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLHuQ22Ydi8

Mentioned by Shane Miller in his YT video at about 4:50.

Basically you toggle the option on the Elmnt & Roam but not on the Bolt.

Not available on the Bolt cos of the smaller screen I guess but it does seem to be getting left behind with updates.

Also says Wahoo will be supporting Varia Radar & ANT+ on all devices "soon". Personally I can't wait for this.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    figbat wrote:
    I suspect this was an accidental push of a future feature, as mentioned above regarding the ROAM.

This.
    It is on the roam and elemnt but the bolt screen is too small to display it according to Shane Miller
    (About 4.30 in) https://youtu.be/fLHuQ22Ydi8
  • From what I can see on my Elemnt its not possible to add the Elevation profile at the bottom of the map. Not on the latest update anyway.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    From what I can see on my Elemnt its not possible to add the Elevation profile at the bottom of the map. Not on the latest update anyway.

It is on the ELEMNT but not the Bolt. My ELEMNT is doing it without issue.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • philthy3 wrote:
    From what I can see on my Elemnt its not possible to add the Elevation profile at the bottom of the map. Not on the latest update anyway.

It is on the ELEMNT but not the Bolt. My ELEMNT is doing it without issue.

Its on my Elevation page but I cant get it on the Map page, I cant see.any option for it whatsoever.
    Where is your Option for this?