ProRace VPNs

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited July 2019 in Pro race
Hi guys,

Fed up of missing everything that doesn't get put on YouTube

There is one currently helping out a bunch of podcasts, but does anyone have experience of any good ones? I just need it to watch UK telly really, none of the other stuff...

Thanks all
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    ddraver wrote:
    Hi guys,

Fed up of missing everything that doesn't get put on YouTube

There is one currently helping out a bunch of podcasts, but does anyone have experience of any good ones? I just need it to watch UK telly really, none of the other stuff...

Thanks all

try this one, its a paid for but seems to work ok for me. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com
    If you are a chrome user theres even a widget you can add to the browser

I just set up a VPN and punch everything through it since I often work out of the office.

Also they have downloadable apps

I cant get Eurosport to work when im using the London VPN though rrrr
  • lochindaal
    lochindaal Posts: 475
    Using NordVPN you can watch ITV4. It is 5)% off with Topcashback for 2yrs
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Shame you didn't have one today, they even had a geology segment on ITV's coverage for you!
  • ddraver
    Awwww... :(

I couldnt watch live but I can at least join in with the highlights now...

(Is it on French radio anywhere? I feel like that may impact on some tips but....)
    - @ddraver
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Opera browser has a VPN built in and free. I use for those UCI Youtube videos/broadcasts that are geo-blocked mainly.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    redvee wrote:
    Opera browser has a VPN built in and free. I use for those UCI Youtube videos/broadcasts that are geo-blocked mainly.
    Opera turbo mode
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    Well, I went for a month with NordVPN. I guess it's best to buy a year really but...we'll see

A benefit I ve found I suppose is to slightly cover my tracks when I'm using banking apps on my phone (which if you ve joined the Monzo/Revolute-tion is all the time...)

At least I can wrap up in the warm summer blanket that is the itv4 coverage now
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    ddraver wrote:
    Well, I went for a month with NordVPN. I guess it's best to buy a year really but...we'll see

A benefit I ve found I suppose is to slightly cover my tracks when I'm using banking apps on my phone (which if you ve joined the Monzo/Revolute-tion is all the time...)

At least I can wrap up in the warm summer blanket that is the itv4 coverage now

Bit slow to this.

I have nordVPN. Is great, very easy to use, but doesn’t work with iPlayer
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    I've worked in China and I'm now in Norway, found expressVPN to be the best over the years.

I can pretty much get everything that I get at home.
  • ddraver
    NordVPN currenty working with iplayer. there is a list of connections you have to use...
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    ddraver wrote:
    NordVPN currenty working with iplayer. there is a list of connections you have to use...

Ah gotcha.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ExpressVPN also good. Works with iPlayer, ITV and... Netflix so you can get extra content not available in NL.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    Yeah after minimal research, I think Nord and Express are the two best options, just depends which podcast you listen to that can get a discount code from...
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    ddraver wrote:
    Yeah after minimal research, I think Nord and Express are the two best options, just depends which podcast you listen to that can get a discount code from...

I got 3 years for £80 for NordVPN.