Garmin Edge 1000 , reloading history after hard reset

scooterb
scooterb Posts: 89
edited July 2019 in Road general
Hi , Just wondered if it’s possible to re load my history onto my edge 1000?

I had a route planned couple of days ago but when I set off it wouldn’t locate the satellites ?
Tried switching it on off a couple of times but still no luck .
After doing a quick search online I made a the mistake of resetting it by holding the start and lap button on power up rather than doing the factory reset from the system menu , and now it’s wiped everything inc my routes on sd card.
I still have all the routes on Ride with GPS ( I know how to re-load my routes onto sd card)
And still have all my rides on Garmin connect and Strava

So just wondered if I can put my rides / history back on my device ?

Many thanks scott .

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Just re-load your routes onto SD card.

Not sure why you'd want your history on your device. Routes I can understand, but not general ride history.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • scooterb
    Yeah You’re right , i just need the routes .

Also I have another question , I have 3 bikes all with sensors on and ive named them on my Garmin with different profiles .

I suppose I could just have one profile for all 3 bikes so that which ever bike I ride it will detect the sensors for that bike ?
    Or am I being a numb skull :D
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Err, yeah. I have a ‘road’ profile that has all the sensors for all my bikes and it usually auto selects them when I start riding. It does sometimes not pick them up so a manual selection is required - this is made easier if you name each sensor after each bike rather than have to guess at the three speed sensors listed by number only!

PP
  • scooterb
    Cool ,

yeah , I’ll do the same then , I’ll just have Road and MTB then . Simples :wink: