UCI Survey

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited August 2019 in Pro race
Here you go, rather than just moaning on a forum, tell the UCI what you think...

https://www.uci.org/inside-uci/press-re ... ral-public

Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Ha ha the questions are just a tiny bit leading aren't they :lol:
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Thankyou, done.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    r0bh wrote:
    Ha ha the questions are just a tiny bit leading aren't they :lol:

yeah... no sense of an agenda there... :roll:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,195
    Very weighted questions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Vehicle drafting after a puncture - yes please (but automatic DQ for bottle contact over 3 seconds)

I am also interested in power data for curiosity's sake and PED busting but I can see how it could take away certain 'zing' and surprise element from road cycling
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Very weighted questions.

Possibly, but only regarding a lot of the moans people have generally had in recent times.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • r0bh
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Very weighted questions.

Possibly, but only regarding a lot of the moans people have generally had in recent times.

By "people" presumably you mean a small but vocal number of Twitter and internet forum users?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    A more informative survey would be?

1. Do you want to make cycling great again?
    a) Yes
    b) No, it already is great

If you answered a) continue

2. Why is cycling no longer great?
    a) Immigrants. (ie people not from FRA/ITA/SPA/NED/BEL who don't understand the tradition values of the sport)
    b) Newfangled technology that I don't understand.
    c) Misremembered nostalgia

3. When was cycling last great?

4. How old were you in that year?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    r0bh wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Very weighted questions.

By "people" presumably you mean a small but vocal number of Twitter and internet forum users?

I think lots of people within the sport have been talking about power meters, race radios & relative team strengths and their perceived impact. I think it's pretty impressive that the UCI are actually trying to find out what people think directly.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Not really finding out what people think as the questions are so leading it's just reconfirming whatever the UCI have been told.

I'm no expert but that is a bloody poorly out together survey.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Not really finding out what people think as the questions are so leading it's just reconfirming whatever the UCI have been told.

Pretty much what I put down in the last section. Agenda etc.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    "the commentary of road races is high quality" - strongly disagree if Kirby is involved :D
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Get rid of power meters and radios and make teams smaller was the agenda there.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Yes so I deliberately strongly disagreed with everything about that.

To be fair those are the hotter topics at the moment.

I detected a strong undercurrent of "impose wage caps to stop teams hoovering up all the best riders" - surely a regressive step there.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

Budget caps and stop Sky/Ineos dominance.
  • mididoctors
    It's a problematic survey .

Questions did not balance up

Overall do you think radios have a positive or negative effect on rider safety ?

Overall do you think radios have a positive or negative effect on racing enjoyment for spectators

Are basically the only questions you need on radios .. questions were made to block you from choosing positive on safety with out querying it's impact on the race.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Budget caps and stop Sky/Ineos dominance.

Yes I missed that too....maybe I kinda biased that way already ....but it was very weighted towards that.
  • mididoctors
    I went no opinion on a lot of that .
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510

I am, you're right.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368

and with less money and not called Ineos, was my take :) shame really because from a WWT perspective budget & tv & courses are a big problem the UCI needs to fix, whereas in the WT its not really,but the survey just assumes there are only fans of the WT though.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    I went no opinion on a lot of that .

nono you never fill surveys in like that, strongly agree or strongly disagree those are the only two options treat it as a binary option survey forget the other boxes, as they discount all the answers in the middle ground as not being strongly enough held views either way. and expressing no opinion means you arent even being counted, let alone expressing a neutral view of no opinion.
  • RichN95.
    awavey wrote:

and with less money and not called Ineos, was my take :) shame really because from a WWT perspective budget & tv & courses are a big problem the UCI needs to fix, whereas in the WT its not really,but the survey just assumes there are only fans of the WT though.
    It's essentially - there's only one race in cycling, how do we make it better? The ASO will do sod all to reduce their massive profits, and Lappartient is their lapdog. So how would you like us to hit the participants instead?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    ive filled it out, but much like any survey the answers they want a predetermined in advance.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    dish_dash wrote:

its all a bit yawn they could have read the comments on here. the question is...... what changes will they make.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,195
    dish_dash wrote:

its all a bit yawn they could have read the comments on here. the question is...... what changes will they make.

The ones they wanted to make already, and built the survey around finding support for. Obviously.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,422
    What a load of merde

Surely if all races were predictable we'd all be rich thru betting and all top,of the league in PTP :wink:
  • RichN95.
    What sports events aren't predictable? Tournaments and leagues rarely to diverge much from the form book. The Premier League is the most successful in the world. Everyone knows who will be in the top two and they only play each other in two of the 380 matches.
  • r0bh
    I wonder what measures they will bring in that could stop Deceunink-QuickStep from being so dominant? :roll: