OT: coffee bags

13»

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Turns out I was overthinking the all thing. People drank very little coffee... I bought 3 tins of Azera and I think they used 1/3 of a tin... I bought a 140 bags PG tips box and they had maybe 30 cups of tea between the morning and the afternoon.
    Half of the people turned up 10 minutes before the start and didn't have anything...

On the plus side, they ate ALL the dhal curry I made, despite me planning for 70 portions but only having 50 mouths to feed on the day. They also enjoyed the free beer, which was kind of expected... :-)
    left the forum March 2023
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Turns out I was overthinking the all thing. People drank very little coffee... I bought 3 tins of Azera and I think they used 1/3 of a tin... I bought a 140 bags PG tips box and they had maybe 30 cups of tea between the morning and the afternoon.
    Half of the people turned up 10 minutes before the start and didn't have anything...

On the plus side, they ate ALL the dhal curry I made, despite me planning for 70 portions but only having 50 mouths to feed on the day. They also enjoyed the free beer, which was kind of expected... :-)
    Sounds like it went well, and you've got a ton of coffee left for yourself or to give to people as gifts :D
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172

Sounds like it went well, and you've got a ton of coffee left for yourself or to give to people as gifts :D

Yes, it went very well, a lot of tired and happy riders, which as an organiser is what you want.
    I left the coffee in the village hall for others to "enjoy"... annoyingly I left even the tea...
    left the forum March 2023