Garmin Connect syncing to Strava - Anyone else have problems?

molteni_man
molteni_man Posts: 444
edited July 2019 in Road general
Hi all,
Did a good ride yesterday. Uploaded it to Garmin Connect from my Edge 520 and it’s sat on there without linking to Strava as it normally does. On occasion I’ve had to wait some time. This time nothing is happening.
I saw that there had possibly been a major outage, but that this had been fixed. I’ve recently done an update. My wife has suffered the same issue yesterday too, but had not updated her 520. Is there any chance it might eventually load up does anyone think?
I’ve tried logging out etc and clearing permissions etc and then reloading etc
Patience with Garmin starting to wear very thin- had just got LiveTrack going after a long time, but this didn’t work on Sunday either!
Any thoughts/ advice please? Anyone else had the same issues? I’d like to view the ride on Strava!
Thank you

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    Yes, I just up.oaded the fit file from the device to the web version of strava, then did the same for Training Peaks.
  • molteni_man
    Thank you Gethinceri. I will attempt this too. This is definitely the longest wait time ever for it to load. I tried a short ride just now without success still!
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,621
    I had the same. Put it on manually via the gpx file in the end as got sick of waiting for it to come over.
  • Does Garmin have a phone app yet where you can just press the upload button again to whatever apps you want it synced?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    my Garmin connect just wouldnt pick up the activity to sync yesterday via the phone connection, un-paired/re-paired multiple times it just wasnt interested,so I gave up and did it manually instead
  • molteni_man
    Thanks all. It is interesting to hear that others have been affected too.
    I’m going to have a go at a manual upload tomorrow.
    Still don’t think there is syncing happening and I’ve tried by both iPhone and Laptop etc.
    Let’s hope it gets sorted! I like my Garmin gear, but am beginning to lose patience with this and the LiveTrack stuff too!
    If anyone gets any more information please keep us updated please.
    BW
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,606
    My ride took about 6 hours to sync yesterday. Back to normal today though.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    awavey wrote:
    my Garmin connect just wouldnt pick up the activity to sync yesterday via the phone connection, un-paired/re-paired multiple times it just wasnt interested,so I gave up and did it manually instead
    Just done this, figured 30hrs is a long enough wait. Even tried recording the dog walk this morning to see if it would pull yesterday’s through & it didn’t
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    awavey wrote:

I had that issue. I got round it by deleting the 820 from Garmin Connect and re-pairing the unit and then syncing which picked up the ride to work but the Strava sync took several hours to happen but all is good now.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • molteni_man
    Quick update. Did a ride this evening and it loaded onto Garmin Connect and then onto Strava in the quickest time ever!
    If only it was always this good. Just glad they have it sorted for now!
  • molteni_man
    Friday night update- all 5 rides this week have uploaded in super quick time! This is to good to be true! Just waiting for the Sunday upload now when Garmin server is often at its busiest!