Vector 3 or Favero

13»

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    What cleats do the various PM pedals work with? Officially and/or unofficially.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Ben6899 wrote:
    What cleats do the various PM pedals work with? Officially and/or unofficially.

My Favero BePro's work with regular Look Keo black cleats
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    Grahamcp wrote:
    Great stuff. I have gone cheapskate and ordered through CT with the DCR discount earlier today.
    We'll have to compare notes once we are kitted up and riding with power - can't wait personally :-)

Did your Assiomas arrive okay then? Mine arrived on the 10th and used them for the first time today with a Garmin 1030 I treated myself to. Didn't realise I had to switch my ftp value on the headunit (thought that info would come across from Garmin Connect, but evidently not). 3 hours in the rain, so they pass the waterproofing test for sure. Might actually buy a second pair to minimise transfers between bikes!

Mine haven't turned up yet :( I kind of expected a bit of a delay due to ordering from Clever Training but it does seem to be dragging on a bit now. Having said that I'm away for most of the next week so wouldn't be able to use them for a bit anyway.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Grahamcp wrote:
    Grahamcp wrote:
    Great stuff. I have gone cheapskate and ordered through CT with the DCR discount earlier today.
    We'll have to compare notes once we are kitted up and riding with power - can't wait personally :-)

Did your Assiomas arrive okay then? Mine arrived on the 10th and used them for the first time today with a Garmin 1030 I treated myself to. Didn't realise I had to switch my ftp value on the headunit (thought that info would come across from Garmin Connect, but evidently not). 3 hours in the rain, so they pass the waterproofing test for sure. Might actually buy a second pair to minimise transfers between bikes!

Mine haven't turned up yet :( I kind of expected a bit of a delay due to ordering from Clever Training but it does seem to be dragging on a bit now. Having said that I'm away for most of the next week so wouldn't be able to use them for a bit anyway.

I would drop them a quick email. They are usually pretty quick at responding and it may speed up your order being dispatched, or at least give you an indication of when you can expect the pedals.
  • grahamcp
    Finally got mine today :D To be fair, when I asked about the delay, comms from both Clever Training and Favero was really good, and I got black springs so I was pleased about that (no issues with cleat engagement/release so far). They actually came in the box that Favero sent them to CT in!

Just had a quick go with them on the turbo (using my Edge 520+) - I also had a brief try with Zwift on their trial - and seem to be working well. My turbo is non-smart so I've got nothing to compare the power numbers to but they seem perfectly reasonable.

I was very impressed with Assiomas overall as a product - packaging, installation, setup, app etc. was a breeze.

Will give them a go outside tomorrow.
  • So what was the reason you were given for the delay? Seems odd considering how fast I got mine. How did you get on with your first outdoors ride? I actually prefer the Assioma pedals to my Keos in terms of their clip-in/clip-out action!

300 miles so far and very happy with them, albeit it looks like I'll need to increase my outdoors ftp by at least 30w, otherwise my TSS and IF scores are too high. I also don't seem to be getting some of the pedalling metrics through to my Garmin 1030 so will need to investigate that.
  • grahamcp
    They just said there was a manufacturing delay - I guess I was in the queue for the next batch or something. Didn't bother me so no worries.

I've now done 3 (short, about 50 miles in total) rides outdoors, and I do really like them - I swapped from SPD-SL and the cleat engagement does feel ever so slightly easier (could just be the new cleats though!). My SPD-SL cleat covers kind of fit as well (with a bit of bending :-) )

I think it will take a while to get used to the power data, and make the most of it. I was riding with 3s, 30s and overall average on the display. Made me realise how much the numbers jump around, especially on the lower time-frames (I think this is normal rather than anything to do with my riding) - on steady/consistent inclines it wasn't so bad, but flat or downhill the power was definitely dropping off quite a lot, and the opposite was also true on steeper uphill sections, I was going way above threshold without really realising it. On one ride I was trying to maintain a certain average regardless of wind/gradient etc. and it wasn't easy. I guess specific workouts will be much easier to do indoors on the turbo than outdoors.

I know I have lots to learn but looking forward to the process. Currently on around 3wkg FTP (having done very little riding for the last year) so will be interesting to see how much I can increase that by - 3.5 - 4.0 would be nice :-)
  • nogs
    nogs Posts: 5
    To avoid the jumping about of numbers you may want to concentrate on power zones rather than raw numbers. On my bolt I have a couple of "power" pages setup, one with a lot of the numbers on (3s, 5min, average, L/R etc) and another page which just has 2 data points on, the current power zone and the graph for the ride.

Still new to all this myself and not really working on training with power yet, but just nice to have the data there to work out what I'm doing and see where to work.
  • grahamcp
    Thanks Nogs. I'll have a play with those options.