edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

warmer start than yesterday, but not going to get as warm, sigh

ride far, have another brekkie, eat pineapple
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a nice start to Sunday here in sunny Lincolnshire, riding soon out for lunch and a couple of pints
    Have a nice day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Windy today which hopefully means the pack should stay together in the crit later

Foggy start due to an excessive but fun night, after the race it’s over to a pals for a bbq, should be a giggle
  • Morning, bit overcast here and warm but cooler than it has been. After an afternoon in boat yesterday it's back on bike today.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Currently sitting in a cafe near the Barbican Centre consuming coffee and what passes for brekky while junior does a music exam. Just glad that somewhere round here is open on a Sunday as the City is a bit of ghost town on the weekend.

Didn't appreciate getting up at 7.30am to drive here though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    tested a couple more sis energy bars...

red berry - a taste like bitter bazooka gum, with the texture of gritty sludge - surprisingly nasty, actually foul, bin
    apple and blackcurrant - rice crispies doused in sticky apple with a hint of something unpleasant - edible, just

the choc one wins, if only they'd put more cocoa in it
  • Top tip - try Nakd bars, all natural and delicious. Even vegan if you're that way inclined.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    yes they were on the list to try, probably the ones with 'cocoa' in the name, though the ingredients seem to be heavy on dates which isn't a flavour i'm keen on
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been had, a little painful due to beer consumption and a stiff neck. Had the stiff neck since Friday morning so not due to the bump on the motorway, don’t think being hit in the side would cause whiplash anyway.
    Great night last night, wobbled back slowly on bike paths. Now off to rescue the Mini before going to a small classic car show in Bushy Park.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bushy park. Now there's a metaphor if there ever was one. A bit like East Kilbride.

The Bandersnatchers have fleas. It's due to the hot weather.

Dull here. Toots are away to soft play area whilst I listen to some old vinyl and do admin.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Eng having a blast against India Inthe World Cup. Listening to it pre ride.
  • tlw1
    Yeah - good race today, got enough points to turn pro/cat3
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    pro...

...cat3

Err. But well done nonetheless.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening
    No electric when I got up and headed out this morning. I think sonething decuded to die on the wire coming off the transformer. Was back on when I got home though.
    Overcast but nice enough day here, been up and down many steep hills and through several swamps.
  • Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    pro...

...cat3

Err. But well done nonetheless.
    Yeah, I thought slightly odd but whatevs...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    This is the bottom bracket, I suspect TLW was extracting the urine a little. Even Imposter would have got that.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    This is the bottom bracket, I suspect TLW was extracting the urine a little. Even Imposter would have got that.

Enough points to get his 3rd cat status and it's only June (just). It's quite something.

July, August and September to get 2nd? :mrgreen:
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well called, I was concerned for a while
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Well called, I was concerned for a while
    Some folks here take things way too seriously and literally.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS