sungod Posts: 16,438
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ridey ride, then bask in the heat
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Going hunting in the woods with the eldest with his air rifle and ar35 automatic BB gun - will ensure we make enough noise to avoid all animals

Meant to be doing the parkrun with the current wife but as we had a late night I’m not sure she will be able to run

A few jobs and friends over for the kids and then we are out for our anniversary
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, shrouded in mist at the moment, club run this morning, Lounging in the sun later
    Have a good weekend
  • Morning, misty here also. Lazy morning then out diving as wind dropped so sea is calm.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Today I shall be mainly be in a liquid state. its hot oddly humid an yeah can't be bothered
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Fugginot.
    School fair to attend.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Loughborough university open day, currently sitting in the shade ‘cos it’s fuggin ‘ot in the sun. Am I in some sort of parallel universe?
    Back to civilisation tonight and drinking in Hoppy country with school friends, could get messy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    It's not fugginot 'ere :roll:

It's drizzly and I officially have man flu. Meant to ride this morning but feeling shyte.

Will be looking at a car later. It's all part of an elaborate plan that could go t1ts up. Sorry, mammaries up.
    Might call Stevo just to annoy him.

I think coffee is the only solution.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    scorchio here, basked 3-4 hours to get the best of the uv

shame it cools down tomorrow
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • shaun1961
    shaun1961 Posts: 16
    Went out for a ride first thing this morning,6:30. Very misty,nice and cool. Came back covered in insects. Doing absolutely nothing this afternoon.Going out for a few beers tonight with my beloved. Ride safe.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Back to civilisation tonight and drinking in Hoppy country with school friends, could get messy.
    Hand in hand? Dunno if you've been in since they tarted it up. They did a good job, but it's lost a bit of the "character".
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Fugginot.
    School fair to attend.

School fair done. Even fugginotter.

I'm not sure what the question is but I reckon the answer is a can of Perła that's been in the freezer for half an hour.

My brother has just reminded me that we're doing a 210km audax loop of Brum next Sunday. I had forgotten. Balls. I'll be taking it easy.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Fugginot.
    School fair to attend.

School fair done. Even fugginotter.

I'm not sure what the question is but I reckon the answer is a can of Perła that's been in the freezer for half an hour.

My brother has just reminded me that we're doing a 210km audax loop of Brum next Sunday. I had forgotten. Balls. I'll be taking it easy.
    Who would do that ride.......
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    :D
    Are you doing it? If so, I'd better bring beer...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Made it back, but not unscathed. Some dumb bint in a BMW convertible managed to drive into the side of us on the motorway, I suspect she may have been asleep as she couldn’t have missed us if her eyes were open. Stupid tart managed to dent our rear wing and both doors on the left. Thankfully not too serious and nobody hurt. Just a right fuggin pain in the aris.
    Yes, off to the Gland in Hand to relive my misspent yoof by misbehaving in my old age, this should continue into my dotage.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Will have to drive home :(

But let’s meet up
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

But let’s meet up

Me too. But yes, let's.

Will you be battering it?
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

But let’s meet up

Me too. But yes, let's.

Was a plan, you fancy that? Going out in Manchester sat night
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Pinno wrote:
    It's not fugginot 'ere :roll:

It's drizzly and I officially have man flu. Meant to ride this morning but feeling shyte.

Will be looking at a car later. It's all part of an elaborate plan that could go t1ts up. Sorry, mammaries up.
    Might call Stevo just to annoy him.

I think coffee is the only solution.

Laters.
    I'm upset now, you didn't call.

Change of plan last night as was going to drop in on a mate and his OH in Durham last night, got persuaded to go on the p1ss and crashed out there. Still got a few more things boxed up and transported South, had the ton of garden waste cleared away and got an offer on the house which was a bit cheeky so will see what the others come up with. 2 viewings so far and 3 more booked so not too bad a start.

Now back in the tropical South (hit 35C on the car temp gauge) and set up the garden sprinkler to keep the hounds cool. They loved it. Especially Gnasher who was trying to drink out of the sprinkler.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Made it back, but not unscathed. Some dumb bint in a BMW convertible managed to drive into the side of us on the motorway, I suspect she may have been asleep as she couldn’t have missed us if her eyes were open. Stupid tart managed to dent our rear wing and both doors on the left. Thankfully not too serious and nobody hurt. Just a right fuggin pain in the aris.
    Yes, off to the Gland in Hand to relive my misspent yoof by misbehaving in my old age, this should continue into my dotage.
    That's a bummer V. Hope you take her to the cleaners for the repair bill.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    + potato and a bad neck
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    + potato and a bad neck
    He's already got a dodgy back so a bit of whiplash pain is entirely believable.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

But let’s meet up

Me too. But yes, let's.

This cannot end well.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    + potato and a bad neck

Hmm... bit different from the usual 'Miss Whiplash'.

Are you still up Norf Stevo?
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:

My brother is a slow and steady merchant. I had the legs to do brum velo at 32 kph, but I forgot about this event, so haven't done any training other than the standard 160km/week stop-start London commute. I think trying to maintain that pace in current form would lead to an early retirement after a quick 100km. Also, I thought audax was more relaxed, and the course doesn't seem to suit lots of head down, forearms on bars pretend tt style/chaingang riding, being distinctly "rolling", unlike the flat velo course.

Either way, looking forward to it. I'll PM you my mobile number and make sure we say hi before the start. I'm staying in Cov Saturday night and rolling to the start on my bike with my brother in the morning. My brother rides out a bit with Ugo off here, who is organising the ride.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

But let’s meet up

Me too. But yes, let's.

This cannot end well.
    Why?
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

But let’s meet up

Me too. But yes, let's.

This cannot end well.
    Why?

I think he just means that we're both fond of a snifter.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...you fancy that? Going out in Manchester sat night

TLW and Hoppy get together for post ride drink...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb wrote:
    Also, I thought audax was more relaxed, and the course doesn't seem to suit lots of head down, forearms on bars pretend tt style/chaingang riding, being distinctly "rolling", unlike the flat velo course.
    Wait, winning an audax isn't a thing?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    + potato and a bad neck

Hmm... bit different from the usual 'Miss Whiplash'.

Are you still up Norf Stevo?
    Nope, finished what I needed to and came back down this afternoon. May be up again soon if I get a proper bite on the house.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Also, I thought audax was more relaxed, and the course doesn't seem to suit lots of head down, forearms on bars pretend tt style/chaingang riding, being distinctly "rolling", unlike the flat velo course.
    Wait, winning an audax isn't a thing?
    Apparently not. :D
    You there too thistle?