SM-BBR60 Tools

TheBigBean
TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
edited June 2019 in Workshop
I am about to fit an SM-BBR60. I was hoping to simply invest in a Park BBT-9 as this looks to be perfect for my use. However, it seems to be the wrong size (44mm vs 41mm).

Therefore my choices seem to be:
1. Park BBT-9 and hoping the BB comes with an adapter
2. Park BBT-59.2 and a crank arm tool. In my case this also means buying a breaking bar / socket wrench. Also, not being able to bolt it into place looks like it could be irritating in the future.

Neither option sounds particular good, so is there another option?

Comments

• pauly69
    pauly69 Posts: 101
    I'm sure you know, but the TLFC25 is available separately, see ebay / Amazon, they;re usualyl a few quid. Always handy to have a spare as they are plastic so can be rounded off without too much effort if undoing an overly-tightened BB. If it was me, I'd probably invest in the BBT59.2, job done forever without worrying about plastic adapters.
  • TheBigBean
    Thanks for that. I didn't know the adapters were available separately, so that is very useful to know (especially now that you have provided the component name).

I'm happy to invest in exactly the right tool, but I'm not keen on the rest of the required ecosystem (breaker bar, clamps etc.), so unless there is another non Park option, it sounds like plastic and BBT-9 is the way to go.
  • orlok
    orlok Posts: 89
    The BBR60 is with the TLFC25 in one box when you buy it, so . . . !
    There will be always a moment of tailwind.Pinarello F8/10 - Ultegra 8000 Di2 - Carbonspeed C50 UST - Tubeless
  • TheBigBean
    Orlok wrote:
    The BBR60 is with the TLFC25 in one box when you buy it, so . . . !

It doesn't seem to have done. I bought a whole groupset, so the boxing is a bit different perhaps.
  • TheBigBean
    New plan. Shimano TL-FC37 and Shimano TL-FC16. Then I have the right size tool without plastic bits and it will accept a normal wrench