edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

weather looks to be improving

webexes and early bail i think
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry and a bit milder, will hopefully get out for a decent ride today
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Loverly out there, feels like June finally

Long meeting today, followed by pub probably
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Doesn't seem that warm here yet, which made the ride to the office nice.

Looks like it will be a nice day for messing about on MTBs oxoman.

Contemplating doing the TT tonight local to work, but think I need to save myself for the Friday one.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Up and out early to get bloods tested, now back for coffee, more coffee and breakfast. Then get fettled and out for a decent ride, weather looks like will be really pleasant, sunny and not too hot today.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, rather windy but its not raining so theres a plus, perhaps summer is coming (one day only Saturday special).
    Coffee, office stuff, home and sample some wine.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stiff north easterly here, making the ride in hard work, despite the bright sunshine.

Worky worky, bail early to collect mini.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Stunning clear blue skies and only the faintest of breezes.
    Met with architect to discuss planning/warrant/design for a proper Porker tinkering shed and man cave above. Quite excited really.

Can't shake this summer man flu head cold tonsillitis sinus headache. Any ideas?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Pinno, usually I do a hot bowl an towel trick, or just a good long shower get lots of steam going, sauna if you can cook it out an open up the airways at the same time.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno, usually I do a hot bowl an towel trick, or just a good long shower get lots of steam going, sauna if you can cook it out an open up the airways at the same time.

It'll probably be a sauna for me. Ironic on what is the best day we've had this year.
  • step83
    Wait till Saturday, meant to be getting to a toasty 30/31c before nose diving back to the low 20s the next day.
    I've meant to be demolishing the old shed base that day, 10X8 of cemented down slabs that have all gone wonky some how. I'm renting a jackhammer for it now!

I used the joke of inviting a friend round to make some hardcore a few times so far...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:
    Met with architect to discuss planning/warrant/design for a proper Porker tinkering shed and man cave above. Quite excited really.
    We'll assume that 'Porker' refers to the car :)

Busy, busy as its my Friday today and they're trying to finalise a big deal today. I may end up having conversations during the long slog North tonight. In good news, the house went on the market yesterday and there are 3 viewings lined up already. I'll have to make myself scarce tomorrow afternoon so as not to get in the way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll have to make myself scarce tomorrow afternoon so as not to spook potential buyers.

[Edit]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll have to make myself scarce tomorrow afternoon so as not to spook potential buyers.

[Edit]
    That reminds me - better take the family pictures off the wall as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    [Edit]
    Here's some replacements:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADAM-WOODYATT- ... 133&sr=8-4
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273883646054
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232331558883
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    hb was right about the stiff north easterly. Cracking ride on a Thursday morning, headwind out but with astute route planning, nice assist on the way home.

Only slight issue was realising 20km from home nope that pee break is becoming necessary and once the body acknowledges that then it becomes mandatory. Have a usual secluded spot before it all opens up and gets busier. Just as slowing to pull over, a police car appears and stops in 'my' place. Decided politic not to stop, walk past them behind the hedge and evacuate, carry on a bit, bound to be be somewhere... Couple minutes later same police car comes past me, he/she/they def on a pee break as well.

All ended well though, in case you were wondering...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    [Edit]
    Here's some replacements:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADAM-WOODYATT- ... 133&sr=8-4
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273883646054
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232331558883
    :)

I wouldn't want make it look too glam. Maybe some stills from 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' or 'The Hills Have Eyes?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Contemplating doing the TT tonight local to work, but think I need to save myself for the Friday one.
    Was planning Friday, but got a horrible feeling a meeting is going to muck it up
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman wrote:
    Question is do I just replace like for like or go 1x. Decisions decisions.

B0ll0cks or chainset?! :shock:
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Both at the minute, just a tad tender.

Oh come on, what exactly did you do/happened?

There's no street cred in saying that you're a bit tender.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Chain slipped on worn chainring as pulling off. Ended up with something either side the topbar and to add insult to injury I was clipped in and fell off in front of my mates.

10/10

Though, I would need pics to rate the artistic merit.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Not a chance, I got enough laughs off the OH.
    No need for pics, I think you've already given us some unpleasant mental images oxo.