Focus Izalco Max 2019 - reviews/opinions?

GT29
GT29 Posts: 53
edited June 2019 in Road general
When the new Focus Izalco Max Disc was unveiled in the winter I was very interested as I had been looking for an all-rounder, a bit aero without being too embarrassing to ride and not that heavy for a disc bike (without having to spend 9k for an Sworks). The Ultegra di2 9.7 looked interesting.

So even though it is midsummer, I have not found much written about it.

There is a german review in Tour magazin, but I cannot find the text anywhere, even the original German to translate (I would love to read it as I have heard how geeky their reviews are!). There is a couple of translated german reviews, one I cannot recall, another in "granfondo-cycling", but not so sure on either the translation/neutrality of that one...

So how about ignoring subjective reviews of bike journos, I should test it myself!

Well, UK dealers suggest Focus don't do UK demo bikes, and at best I've been offered to test a bike for size on a turbo, but to see how it rides, I'll have to buy it....

And havn't found much out there of personal opinion from customers either on any of the Focus Izalco Max 8 or 9 range....

Anyone else have any ideas/leads?

Comments