The bill has landed... HRH Incorporated

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
TELEMMGLPICT000196448831_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqWj_J8d_wS38skU3DooNVG9E5wRkMq7Oa4fMPVGZVwJ0.jpeg?imwidth=1400

£2.4 mill
I'll just leave that there.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    One third of what the Rees Mogg family got. And how many tourists come to see them ?

https://www.ft.com/content/d5efd3a0-b32 ... a01f1b0fa1
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    oxoman wrote:
    VFM especially given H,s service to the military past and present with his roll with Invictus games. How much money would the UK lose if brand HRH didn't exist, don't think many tourists would visit London or elsewhere without it.

What, you mean like, say France?
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    oxoman wrote:
    VFM especially given H,s service to the military past and present with his roll with Invictus games. How much money would the UK lose if brand HRH didn't exist, don't think many tourists would visit London or elsewhere without it.

You are thinking nonsense. Do tourists not go to Paris ,Rome , New York ,etc ? I like Harry and what he has done with Invictus games. A lot of other people served in the army and got next to FA.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'd not want to be in the royal family for all the money in the world though. Good luck to them with the papers constantly sniping and looking for dirt.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Don't have to look very hard.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Although Crown Estates pays far more to the Treasury than it gets back to the Queen's purse. Can't work out if these renovations came from that pot or a separate pot.
  • vinnymarsden
    vinnymarsden Posts: 560
    I think there is some mischievous reporting going on here.... I like Harry, he seems a decent guy, but I'm not convinced I have to help renovate his house, on the other hand he might give me a bung for that new resin drive if I send him a begging letter!!
    Joking aside..I don't think using his military service to excuse it is fair..there are people living on the streets who have served their country, that is a bit of an insult to them methinks, and I'm sure Harry himself wouldn't like the link to service/worth.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Me-109 wrote:
    Although Crown Estates pays far more to the Treasury than it gets back to the Queen's purse. Can't work out if these renovations came from that pot or a separate pot.

The way money flows from the Crown Estate into the Treasury and a portion of it flows back out to the Queen again is a bit complex, but I think this is funded from the Queen's purse. So whilst it can be said to have come from Taxpayers money, it was originally generated by the Crown Estate.
  • tyke999
    tyke999 Posts: 50
    surely the Royal family have plenty of empty houses that Megan and Harry could have played '' lets live in a little cottage in the country '' ?

£2.4 million
    ridiculous !
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    It's hardly about the money, considering.
    Rapidly becoming how insufferably tedious she is.
    Does she not just get it that she is merely an egg layer for the Windsors and thats that?
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Tyke999 wrote:
    surely the Royal family have plenty of empty houses that Megan and Harry could have played '' lets live in a little cottage in the country '' ?

£2.4 million
    ridiculous !

Apparently they were offered a huge apartment in one of the London palaces. But nope. £2.4m wasted on vegan paint.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I couldn't care less. A lot of money is wasted on a lot of things.