Help! Getting the most out of these forums

8linkhorn
8linkhorn Posts: 12
edited July 2019 in Commuting general
I have recently joined these forums as a way to tap into the expertise and knowledge of fellow members of the commuting community (commutenity - anyone???).
However, whilst my posts have been read by many, I have not yet received any advice or suggestions, and was wondering what I'm doing wrong.
Am I wording my queries or titles wrongly?
Am I posting on the wrong forum?
Am I being frozen out as a newbie?
Or am I genuinely posting about things that no one else has encountered?

If it's these or anything else your advice would be very welcome.

Comments

• lemonenema
    lemonenema Posts: 216
    Ive read your posts but didnt have anything to reply, for example the Chuff Chompers seems more like a statement of opinion and not something Ive encountered. The Big Shorts one, again Ive not come across this so cant comment. Sorry.
    I do my best to reply to questions on things i know such as mechanical or technical issues.
  • 8linkhorn
    8linkhorn Posts: 12
    No problem and thanks.
  • Morning and welcome to the forum.
    It's not a fast-paced forum, but is a goldmine of information and helpful people if you need assistance.
    Stick with us - ask relevant questions in the right section of the forum and someone will respond.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • greenamex2
    greenamex2 Posts: 272
    Most of the people on this forum seem to be English/British. We don't tend to speak unless we have something to say.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    greenamex2 wrote:
    Most of the people on this forum seem to be English/British. We don't tend to speak unless we have something to say.

I can think of a few exceptions though...

Posting can be a bit of a lottery. Sometimes a new post will go for days without a reply, and then it falls down the page so the chances of a response dwindle to near zero. Other times you'll get an immediate response, and several people will chip in so it stays near the top of the page attracting further replies.

Post in the correct part of the forum, choose the post title / subject wisely, and ask concise, specific questions