edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee and webexes, feeling of laziness persists

much rain falling
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Biblical rainout there, not looking forward to walking the hound.

Today is lots of meeting
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog already walked in fine weather , after being home for 5 mins the heavens have opened up looks like it’s going to rain most of the day
  • F"ck me! Today looks to be heading for a nightmare in work, lots of things broken already so could be a busy day. At least it's not raining....
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Great to be back at work..not.
    Looks like the mega urgent stuff that someone was supposed to do last week hasn't been done. Might go and hide in a meeting room so they think I've not come in and start to panic.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Biblical rainout there, not looking forward to walking the hound.
    It was lovely at mine when I set off for work :roll: . Bit of drizzle when I got here but not the serious heavy rain the forecast was predicting. The storms/downpours seem to be very localised at the moment.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Light drizzle here, so humid though horrid.

Glad to see British weather doesn't change! Apparently this is all were getting here today which is rubbish.

Coffee, concalls and insult people.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Nice up here, off down to Gloucestershire later on so I'm expecting to travel through the weather. Setting off at lunch, need to get a few bits done first really...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Lots of running about today, work. Gym. First ever full on wet hot shave. Collect bike boxes. Hope new shoes arrive.

Fettle.

All interspersed by tea
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Where in Glaaaasestershire HM? If you need translation, give me a shout. Ffs, don't go to the Forest of Dean and it's capital; Cinderford.

Me going to Trickies 'sports' day soon me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Christ I just looked up an its getting dark, really thick fogs descended as well.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:
    Where in Glaaaasestershire HM? If you need translation, give me a shout. Ffs, don't go to the Forest of Dean and it's capital; Cinderford.

Me going to Trickies 'sports' day soon me.

Laters.

East of Cheltenham, Costwolds. Not proper west country at all. My best man lives in Brockworth so I go down a lot but this is a fancy work thing with our Oxford office colleagues. I could stay with my parents in Bristol but work are paying for a hotel and a meal tonight so it sounds like a better offer...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Up in Cambridge with junior after a slightly moist drive. College open day awaits once the bloody park and ride bus service decides to turn up :roll: Atleast there's some lunch laid on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    It'd be park and sail up here today.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Waited until the rain stopped before wobbling in this morning, still got here a little earlier than is necessary. Might as well have ridden in the rain it was so muggy. Still very humid out there now but it hasn't rained since this morning.
    Busy in the orifice again, no surprises there. Might try to get out to a pub tonight, a day early but I'm not working Friday. Although I think I'd rather be at work.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Engaged a builder for a semi-astronomical sum. Now looking for somewhere to live while they do their buildy thing. Hopefully all done well before xmas.
    Paying a bit extra for a guy recommended by the architect.
    Good job I love living in this area.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Engaged a builder for a semi-astronomical sum. Now looking for somewhere to live while they do their buildy thing. Hopefully all done well before xmas.
    Paying a bit extra for a guy recommended by the architect.
    Good job I love living in this area.

What ya 'avin done? C'mon, spill...
  • hopkinb
    Making a big kitchen/family room at the back and separate front room.

Replacing a wall. Removing another one. Goalpost steels to support back of house. New pitched roof on extension to replace current ropey flat roof. Move boiler, move soil pipe. Underfloor heating, install kitchen, associated electrics and plumbing. New downstairs bog. Full refurb of family bathroom, back to the brick. Hide some plumbing for loft in a new stud wall

Remove shed, remove decking. Ready for a garden revamp with stone patio, slabs, raised beds, no feckin lawn, garden office type shed.

All the work. All the money.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Making a big kitchen/family room at the back and separate front room.

Replacing a wall. Removing another one. Goalpost steels to support back of house. New pitched roof on extension to replace current ropey flat roof. Move boiler, move soil pipe. Underfloor heating, install kitchen, associated electrics and plumbing. New downstairs bog. Full refurb of family bathroom, back to the brick. Hide some plumbing for loft in a new stud wall

Remove shed, remove decking. Ready for a garden revamp with stone patio, slabs, raised beds, no feckin lawn, garden office type shed.

All the work. All the money.
    Your idea or hers?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Your idea or hers?
    Joint. It's all a bit sh1t at the moment, we put a cheap kitchen in when we moved in 10 years ago, which is starting to look a bit tired, and we left a few things after the loft conversion 3 years ago. We have been waiting to do this for ages. It'll be great when it's all done. We're splurging, getting it all done at once seeing as we have to move out. May as well while money is so cheap.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Your idea or hers?
    Joint. It's all a bit sh1t at the moment, we put a cheap kitchen in when we moved in 10 years ago, which is starting to look a bit tired, and we left a few things after the loft conversion 3 years ago. We have been waiting to do this for ages. It'll be great when it's all done. We're splurging, getting it all done at once seeing as we have to move out. May as well while money is so cheap.
    Had to ask - it sounded like a classic case of 'she wants' or 'You've had a pay rise, so...' :)
  • pinno
    I bet you could buy a whole farm in Jockland for the price of that extension.

I know a lovely house in Cleveland going cheap. Needs a lick of paint. Perhaps Hoppy could rent it for 6 weeks.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I know a lovely house in Cleveland going cheap. Needs a lick of paint. Perhaps Hoppy could rent it for 6 weeks.
    No good for the school run see....
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Summer holidays = no school run, just a long commute for you
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

He'll be well fit. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

He'll be well fit. :D
    Cheaper to just buy it and flog it when he's done...can stay fit keeping the back garden in check.

On sale now. Roll up, roll up.