Monday morning blues...

surfercyclist
surfercyclist Posts: 894
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning, back to work grrrrr. Forecast for week is HOT. Roll on Friday I say....

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, more like a September / October morning , misty and damp rain forecast for the majority of the day roll on winter
    Have a good week
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    'ning

decided to unilaterally declare laziness, loaf around, have a wander, cafes

may do the same for friday as the weather forecast is excellent
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Not enough sleep
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    had a wander, sat outside cafe, read paper in the sun while sipping coffee and scoffing toast

time for a citron pressé i think

briefly contemplated becoming a pineapple plantation owner, but eurolands don't have the right climate, may search out some of this instead https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/08/dini ... fancy.html
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, hungover and tired coming back to the UK soon unless some storms stop the flights, more likely a random French ATC strike over fishing rights in the South Arctic sea or direction of the wind.

Off to likely offend people in the airport so toodles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    TLW1 wrote:
    Not enough sleep

Ditto.

Don't do it Sungod.

It's dull but humid.
    Where tf is everyone.
    Laptop is on the go slow. Slower than me.

Dell = Hell.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Another sports day done. Mini is not super athletic, but she tried her hardest and had fun, that's all I ask.

Unpleasantly muggy, and I'm on the train today. Yuk.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, had a quality morning at one of my sites with some big juicy issues to shout at people about. I also found a load of fly tipping at the gate, one of the bags is full of opened post with addresses on. I've reported it to the council but should I do anything else? Post a few bits back to them with a polite note?

Also, came back down the road into a mega rain storm, flooded roads and the lot. Nothing down here but I'm a bit concerned what it's like back at home!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Not enough sleep
    Me three. Wound up in the pub after the street party finished. Good fun was had.
    Is it all the same address HM? Dump it back on them accidentally ripping the bags as you do so. Hate littering but you would just be returning their lost property.
    Sat at the MOT station with fingers crossed, bought cookies to oil the wheels.
  • haydenm
    Same address but different people as far as I could tell, there were a few bags of rubbish but it was mostly landscaping/garden junk and I'd need something hefty to lift it. I might post back a couple of the overdraft forms and demands for gas meter payments and a note saying remove the rest of it or I'll call the police. The council are meant to be removing it (not that I asked them to, I just wanted to report it to someone) but hopefully it'll scare the owners if nothing else.

I might have felt even a tiny bit sorry for them if they had had someone remove landscaping waste on the cheap because they were in debt but the bin liners of incriminating evidence along with it would clearly have just been lifted by the council bin collections!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Definitely Monday blues, I got a phone call from site this morning at 5.45 to say the job wasn't going to plan.

7am and I'm in the garage putting my bike shoes on and another phone call saying the job didn't fit. 7.15am and I'm showered and in the car with an aborted bike ride for my troubles.

On the flip side, I'm collecting our bike boxes tomorrow and taking bars and pedals off :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Unfortunately most of the fly tipping I see when I'm out is builders rubble or large items just dumped, so no identifying info to have fun with. Councils are usually good at removing it but I'd rather they caught whoever is doing it.

Might go out for a ride later but not really in the mood. I've been cleaning mouldy cups and cutlery this morning that someone helpfully left in a pile from last week.
    Is not as damp and humid here as it was this morning but could do with a thunderstorm. I think we'll probably just get some drizzle as usual.

Back to the coal face tomorrow morning :(
  • Ah Mondays, just heard my eldest who is learning to drive has hit neighbours wall with wifes car. Fortunately no damage to wall so don't need to sort that out but car has a few dents and scratches. Bleedin learner drivers....
  • haydenm
    Ah Mondays, just heard my eldest who is learning to drive has hit neighbours wall with wifes car. Fortunately no damage to wall so don't need to sort that out but car has a few dents and scratches. Bleedin learner drivers....

In the second lesson my dad tried to give me we attempted a hill start junction, slammed right into a high curb and destroyed the alloy. Incredibly my dad didn't fly off the handle which was good of him. These things happen!
  • step83
    I'm on a plane, it smells...
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:

Stop farting.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Stop farting.

Sorry, lactose sensitivity and cheese, I mean that camembert on the grid was huge... Thats a lie I never got near that had a pit not a grid pass. But lots of cheese and wine was enjoyed.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Stop farting.

Sorry, lactose sensitivity and cheese, I mean that camembert on the grid was huge... Thats a lie I never got near that had a pit not a grid pass. But lots of cheese and wine was enjoyed.

Did the right guy win the French F1 malarkey?
    Why is it so boring?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Busy day, just finished interviewing potential minions. Better head home soon and get ready for my trip to Cambridge with junior. Dad's taxi premium service, although at least I am meant to turn up to some of these sessions that the college is holding.

Hopefully Muttley and Gnasher haven't run riot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    'Gnasher' ?!

He's a Cockerpoo, not a Rotty or some figment of DC Thomson's imagination.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    'Gnasher' ?!

He's a Cockerpoo, not a Rotty or some figment of DC Thomson's imagination.

Gnasher looked like a cockerpoo really. He just had massive teeth.
  • hopkinb
    Maybe an angry cockerpoo with its sleeves rolled up.

Gnasher.jpg
    secure free image hosting site
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Stop farting.

Sorry, lactose sensitivity and cheese, I mean that Camembert on the grid was huge... Thats a lie I never got near that had a pit not a grid pass. But lots of cheese and wine was enjoyed.

Did the right guy win the French F1 malarkey?
    Why is it so boring?

It was incredibly dull, the support races before were much more entertaining. The F2 race was great five fighting for the lead.

Back in muggy blighty, needs a storm, went for a little spin bike seems to be clicking think the pedals need a service, also dropped my lid put a lovely dent into it so shall have to look for a replacement
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    ...also dropped my lid put a lovely dent into it so shall have to look for a replacement

Like Zis?:

rb-480-chopper-helmet-matt-black.jpg
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

I can't quite picture that. I mean, it's a bit of a cupcake sort of animal.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    hopkinb wrote:

Gnasher.jpg
    secure free image hosting site
    Not too dissimilar.

Got teeth like needles as well, he was having a good go at gnashing my feet when not winding up Muttley.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    ...also dropped my lid put a lovely dent into it so shall have to look for a replacement

Like Zis?:

rb-480-chopper-helmet-matt-black.jpg

I was going to the local hardware store an get a tin bucket, even get a chin strap! Been nosing the Met Trenta seems good but pricey, that or ill just get another lazer one, it worked so far as I can tell.

Puppy teeth are like little razors I had no end of marks from ours when she was a pup.