edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

no rain, sun, bit nippy still

ride and cafes, to be followed by laziness
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, no sun just thick cloud, club run at 8 o’clock let’s hope it stays dry
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Need to sort haircuts for the rugrats and some wood moving, then an afternoon with the wife as the kids are at a party.

Later is my old chaps birthday meal
  • Morning. Utterly fantastic day here, sunny, warm, no wind. So, getting boat ready for trip out for a dive and a play. To be followed by a BBQ, beer, wine. Tidy.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Afternoon
    Managed an hour and a bit on the beach before heading to the airport. Timing yourself walking along the beach seems to be the top sport here.
    Airport security don't seem too bothered about the liquids thing here, didn't need to neck that litre of water before going through.
    I'll bring you back some rain for tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Busy day ahead so taking the chance to chill with a coffee and bacon sarni at the local cafe while Stressy and Stroppy are out. Might try to fit in a drive later, just for the hell of it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Strewth mate, blue sky, not a cloud, strong sunshine, what has gone wrong? this is not normal.

Attack the grown-large list of necessary outside jobs today in this weather window, proper summer ride planned for tomorrow.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Been out pedalled.
    Bit hazy.
    Need more coffee.
    Must get kids together and send them off so i can have some peace and gaze at my navel.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mrs H3 seems to have disappeared for a kip. I am elbow deep in washing, and the "lawn" needs a trim. Mini is watching her favourite fishing show.
    Lazy Sunday on a Saturday.
  • What. A. Day.

Sun, heat, flat sea. Fantastic viz and an epic dive, kids had a blast on the tow donut then we had an awesome family BBQ with copious amounts of alcohol and banging tunes.

Fair to say a good day.
  • pinno
    Me cycled me. Then ate. Then drove Porker - to a cafe where I had Strawberry and lemon tart and coffee.
    Then some tinkering before making pizza. Then sat in the conservatory whilst the muppets played in the garden whilst drinking a (white?) Macon Village... which is still on the go.
    Perfect.
  • hopkinb
    Bike for a bit tomorrow. Visiting pals in woking. I'll ride there and back, hammer down there, pootle back, or vice versa, depending on the wind. Mrs and mini will take car or train. New chpt3 gear to wear. Which seems to be castelli but less garish.

Fewer invocations to Shiva or ras tafari this evening.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    New chpt3 gear to wear. Which seems to be castelli but less garish.
    It should be for those prices.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Half price sale items. I grant you it's still not Aldi prices.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Don't be cheeky and condescending (that's my job):

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli/jerse ... ve-length/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    i'm still getting over the 'garish' comment, at least in the race cut ones castelli have been downright boring ever since they did the sky deal, they should bring back the old tech labs design with umpteen scorpions, or do an aero race 6 with dayglo tiger stripes, mmm

presumably hoppy looks at the ones designed for the fuller figure :D
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Don't be cheeky and condescending (that's my job):

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli/jerse ... ve-length/

:oops:

Only meant they were still a bit pricey at half price...
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    i'm still getting over the 'garish' comment, at least in the race cut ones castelli have been downright boring ever since they did the sky deal, they should bring back the old tech labs design with umpteen scorpions, or do an aero race 6 with dayglo tiger stripes, mmm

presumably hoppy looks at the ones designed for the fuller figure :D

:D

I am indeed an xl in castelli. Which is a 33" waist and 41" chest.

Castelli is my go to kit for autumn, winter and spring. Alpha ros jersey with varying layers beneath, idro shakedry waterproof, sorpasso knicks and longs, perfetto light short sleeve.

The summer kit, the free aero race jersey especially, has a habit of making me look a bit like I'm in fetish gear. :shock: :lol:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    i'm all-year castelli too, aside from caps, i like the cinelli ones, some reminiscent of 60s psychedelia
  • pinno
    You can spend what you like on jersey's - they ain't going to make you go quicker.
    Shorts are different - I can get on with certain pads but not others.
    But my choice is slow and uncomfortable or slow and comfortable.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Lad bought a Castelli Rosso Corsa top for £6.99 on Friday.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    For some of us lot Lampre must be the way to go?

63cbaf1f78a4db0ee71743a374c4a36a.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    I can confirm that the chpt3 bibs propelled me from Wimbledon to Woking in a little over an hour, and with a very comfy @rse. Unfortunately they are out of my size. They have smaller ones still.