sungod Posts: 16,517
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ridey ridey, short one as foolishly agreed to be elsewhere later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cool but bright will be venturing out on the bike at 7 o’clock, going out for a belated Father’s Day meal later, have a nice day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Should be doing the Dartmoor challenge but my dad decided to have a party :(
  • sungod
    went up and down for seven hundred and something metres ascent, hazy sun, had an extra brekkie on the way back, earlier than i expected, should've made it a kilometre

looks like it'll finally be warming up later in the week, huzzah!
  • Morning, bit weary this morning. Not hungover, just tired after last few days. Anyway, cloudy here and although dry, rain is predicted. Not sure I can face a ride now and by time I do it's likely to be wet. Oh well, coffee and toast time...

Edit, just went outside and it's started to rain already(this is 2 mins after above post). So, if I'd gone out at 0500 I could have had a dry ride but no way Jose.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Morning, bit weary this morning. Not hungover, just tired after last few days. Anyway, cloudy here and although dry, rain is predicted. Not sure I can face a ride now and by time I do it's likely to be wet. Oh well, coffee and toast time...

Edit, just went outside and it's started to rain already(this is 2 mins after above post). So, if I'd gone out at 0500 I could have had a dry ride but no way Jose.

A surfer cyclist should be totally at home cycling in rain surely?!

Lazy Sunday whilst I wait in for Deepeedeepeedee (okay Buck) parcel delivery of laptop.
    Amazon f*cked up. Meant to get the laptop somewhere around the 11th or 12th.
    Tracking says that it was last in Hinckley. Which inspires no confidence in me at all.
    Toots off to soft play area. Skies are threatening something.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    sungod wrote:
    went up and down for seven hundred and something metres ascent, hazy sun, had an extra brekkie on the way back, earlier than i expected, should've made it a kilometre
    Wonder how many goes up Highgate Hill are needed to 'Everest' it?

Morning All,

Stressy and Stroppy are off to collect the new hound, back in a few hours. Much stressing about the route (opposite side of London) but adamant they didn't want me to go despite knowing the way :roll: They'll get back eventually I suppose. In the meantime I've got the current hound with me and peace has descended.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been slow as is traditional. Street party today so I will be eating cake and drinking beer with most of my neighbours, the ones immediately next door will be ignoring me which is definitely for the best. I’ve secured myself the position of judge for the cake competition. Selfless sacrifice for the greater good.
    But first, coffee.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    TLW1 wrote:
    The real TLW would have been happy about that. I’m sure you’ll find him and have a good time. :lol:
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    for swain's lane it's in the 130's, far beyond my boredom threshold
  • A surfer cyclist should be totally at home cycling in rain surely?!

Nah, getting wet is fine when I'm surfing (and diving although for that I'm in drysuit rather than wetsuit) but cycling is in the dry for me. Not so much the getting wet but the risk factor is higher in the rain and basically just not enjoyable so I only ride if dry. Obviously there are times when I set off in the dry and it rains but if it's wet to start with I don't.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    for swain's lane it's in the 130's, far beyond my boredom threshold
    Might be a bit of a physical challenge as well?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    as long as you're fit and keep up feeding it's perfectly doable - you get a rest every rep which makes a big difference, it's not like ascending a long steep road without respite

edit: though thinking about it, darkness could also be an issue, might have to add lights as i think it may need more than available daylight hours
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Late start to a crisp winter morning. Better than yesterday though which was misty and a bit damp. I "missed" getting an entry in the annual Winter Solstice Dark Mofo Swim, a good thing. Nearly 2000 people at sunrise for a dip in the river.

Nude.

Air temp was about 4 deg C, water about 13. Eeek.

Maybe next year.

In other news, turns out I feel better for taking fewer painkillers. Who knew?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    sungod wrote:
    as long as you're fit and keep up feeding it's perfectly doable - you get a rest every rep which makes a big difference, it's not like ascending a long steep road without respite

edit: though thinking about it, darkness could also be an issue, might have to add lights as i think it may need more than available daylight hours
    Or you could be like this woman and do this ride 1 and a bit times in a day...

61494083_1349007691890586_6255561227435507712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQlInZqw6AFseGzhNlxX9orAUEBbZDwgUHIK29lWqLUiBTrFY6Qy_pXssl8tkrHFKks&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=604caa466b6303238660b8a4206a33d8&oe=5D7D20AD
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    sungod wrote:
    A couple of guys were doing it up the horseshoe pass a few weeks ago. It took them about 21 hours so started at dawn and the last 4 hours or so were in the dark.
    A surfer cyclist should be totally at home cycling in rain surely?!
    Nah, getting wet is fine when I'm surfing (and diving although for that I'm in drysuit rather than wetsuit) but cycling is in the dry for me. Not so much the getting wet but the risk factor is higher in the rain and basically just not enjoyable so I only ride if dry. Obviously there are times when I set off in the dry and it rains but if it's wet to start with I don't.
    I'm not keen on getting wet but it's the associated getting freezing cold, sorting out wet kit and post ride bike cleaning that makes me fair weathered.
  • Stevo_666
    Looks like its more than a one day job unless you're a minor cycling deity. At least there's as much downhill involved :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    The real TLW would have been happy about that. I’m sure you’ll find him and have a good time. :lol:
    Making the most of it, £100 taxi though
  • Stevo_666
    I think the dogs have pretty much worn each other out now. Off to work tomorrow for a bit of peace n quiet.