edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, webex, perhaps a very early bail

no rain, not enough sun, but at least it's not wet
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler today but at least the sun is out, dog walked breakfast consumed ,hedge cutting this morning
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    WFH which means I should get to the TT later
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    All downhill from here. Bright out though.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    last day at work today then 9 days off! looks like i've timed it for a bit of nicer weather too!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Morning. Glorious here(again! that's twice now), ride planned for this morning then a boat trip later to take kids out for a play and to tow them at lunatic speeds on the "donut". Life is fun.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, office as usual. Today will be spent dealing with extremely complicated tax things, filing expenses and using my crystal ball to predict income 10 years ahead. Hopefully a pint at lunchtime if I can convince my colleagues not to be lame, and maybe an early bail. Sun is out, maybe munros tomorrow, mtb on Sunday then it's pre-holiday week with a nice jolly down south for work mid week

Quite happy with slightly darker evenings, the light is preventing me from shooting at things after work...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    HaydenM wrote:
    ...the light is preventing me from shooting at things after work...

Good.

What's with all this hedge cutting? Not Cypress Leylandii shirley?

Coffee. sticks, porker in no particular order.
    Sunny solstice here.

Laters,
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Winter is coming!

But before that there will be beers consumed tonight and possibly some vino. Spin class this morning killed my little legs so gym later and maybe a day out with the little kids on Saturday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Winter, pfft, 26c here in Frenchville an climbing, off to do geek things.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning folks,
    Bloody knackered this morning so had a very slow wobble in, but it was actually sunny which was a welcome change. Managed a little over 50 miles a couple of pints and a very large scotch egg after work last night. Given my serious lack of rides in double figures I was quite happy with that. Got home about 11 and fell asleep on the floor. Today will mostly consist of trying to stay awake. Roll on the weekend, cafe first.
  • homers_double
    Step83 wrote:

I'll raise you my 35 degree forecast for Thursday in Menaggio when we get there for a few days riding.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Good.

How else would we manager Scotland's ridiculous deer numbers? Anyway, whether there is light or not doesn't actually increase the likelihood of me hitting anything :wink:

I don't actually have my own stuff, just being taken along as the guys are quite keen to impress on me how important they are now I have a new job role..
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

I'll raise you my 35 degree forecast for Thursday in Menaggio when we get there for a few days riding.

Track temp in the spot we checked (in the sun when it peaked out) 42c I'm off to Hypermarche an get some thing to cook :lol:
  • homers_double
    Get some horse meat!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Back from ride and man I found it tough going, 42miles and 4200ft climbing to top of Preselis. Deckchair in garden time methinks...
  • step83
    Get some horse meat!

"où est le cheval". Might try that in Tesco when I'm back.

Suns burnt the haze off now so its getting much warmer hoping I'll be able to sneak off early after FP2 then do some wine hunting.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Good.

How else would we manager Scotland's ridiculous deer numbers?

Fair enough.

Wolves, BTW. If it weren't for the silly, paranoid, square pants, petrified Calvanist brigade.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    A little on the busy side again today what with minion fishing and other stuff. Got to get ready for the new arrival on Sunday which will take a bit of tomorrow when I'd rather be chilling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Good.

How else would we manager Scotland's ridiculous deer numbers?

Fair enough.

Wolves, BTW. If it weren't for the silly, paranoid, square pants, petrified Calvanist brigade.

Land mines instead?

I'm sure I could fish some out a field on the way back up here bound to be some tossed on the edge of the fields by the farmers.
  • haydenm
    Wolves would be good, landmines less so, would be extremely entertaining to watch though. Even with loads of wolves I still think you'd need a level of human protection on restocked forest sites, especially in bloody winter when the bloody deer eat all the tips of the bloody trees due to bloody snow.