Drinks in Kingston

Comments

• Technically we will not be commuting, so 'hang on to the back of Rower pace' will not be deployed.

I'd say meet us there, no worries if a few different groups made it out there for a swift half.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Lets hope it stops raining by the 20th.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Sounds like a great idea, I should be in.
  • Bump.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    dizzydane wrote:

And MTB-Idle no doubt, will be following with his camera... :)

#foreverbuttphotos :lol:
    FCN = 4
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    I'll be there.....always wanted to get in one of MTB-Idles vids!
  • mtb-idle
    I'll be there.....always wanted to get in one of MTB-Idles vids!

yeah, rower63 is bored of it now (see new Badger segment inserted circa 1:50). He wants me to get another victim errrr... I mean actor.

BTW, I haven't confirmed whether I'm gonna be there yet, all depends on a few things I have going this week but will try to make it.

If I do then hopefully it will be a better experience than my ride on Sunday. 165 km to Brighton and back of which the southbound leg was into a full headwind and at least four hours of driving rain through the day.

Never mind it will make great footage I thought. Having mislaid my GoPro for two weeks I found it circa 5-45 am on Sunday morning just before I left home only to discover that I hadn't put the memory card back in after the last time I had downloaded the footage to my desktop so I had the sum total of zero recorded :evil:
    FCN = 4
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Sounds like a great idea, I should be in.

Too long a week, already plus I need to work late tomorrow!

Another time, have fun!
  • MTB-Idle wrote:
    Badger segment inserted circa 1:50). He wants me to get another victim errrr... I mean actor.

WFH today means I have finally watched this, I can't believe Mike gets top billing but I don't even feature...
  • veronese68
    I’m still on for this.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I would normally be, but it's a night out for me and my wife tomorrow.
  • smokey_bacon
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I’m still on for this.

Same. Looking forward to it.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Sorry, folks, I won't be able to make it: I'm picking up the eldest from swimming. Enjoy!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • smokey_bacon
    I'm afraid i'm out aswell. Jet lag is kicking me hard at the moment and an hours sleep is not a great place to start a group ride from!
  • rhodrich
    rhodrich Posts: 867
    Looks like I'm in! Hope some more will join us.

I'm riding fixed gear as usual today, so you may have to bear with me on some of the hills.
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • dizzydane
    dizzydane Posts: 322
    I'm cutting it fine, but have to fetch a bike on the way home. Hoping to be at the Ballet school for 18h15. If you lot have gone, I will make my way there riding Esher, Cobham, Effingham, down White Down to the pub. It's The Royal Oak in Holmbury St Mary?
  • dizzydane
    Rhodrich wrote:

I'm riding fixed gear as usual today, so you may have to bear with me on some of the hills.
    I was going to ride my SS, but legs are still tried from the weekend. MTB-Idle may be riding his Langster.
  • mtb-idle
    dizzydane wrote:
    Rhodrich wrote:

I was going to ride my SS, but legs are still tried/tired/fried from the weekend. MTB-Idle may be riding his Langster.

MTB-Idle's legs are still shot from Sunday so no way am I riding 48:16 over Holmbury hill.

I'm on the good bike today and fully plan to be there but 06-15 is a bit tight for me as I'm starting from Canary Wharf and it's 25k to the meeting point.

So in short don't wait for me but I will be at the pub.

Dizzy, I see you may be running late too. I will give you a shout when I'm halfway to the meeting point and arrange to meet you somewhere.
    FCN = 4
  • rhodrich
    18.15 is a bit tight for me too. Given that a number of us may have difficulties for 18.15, Shall we move it to 18.30?
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • I am in and 18:30 would help.

Also I need have a look at a map, no set route so a bit of freestyle.

It will be Effingham, up the beeches and down whitedown to keep it relatively direct.
  • mtb-idle
    as long as it's not up White Down on the journey home. That's tough enough mid-ride when you are in the flow and properly warmed-up never mind on cold legs and with a couple of beers (possibly) swilling around inside us...
    FCN = 4
  • mtb-idle
    double post
    FCN = 4
  • dizzydane
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    as long as it's not up White Down on the journey home.
    Sorry that's the quickest way back for me... :wink:
  • rhodrich
    Given that we'll be in Holmbury St Mary anyway, I'm planning an ascent of Leith, as I've never ridden up there on fixed gear. (I've done the back of Ranmore Common - the ascent with the hairpin, which was tough, and Box Hill, which was easy). We'll see how things go though.....
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • mtb-idle
    dizzydane wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    as long as it's not up White Down on the journey home.
    Sorry that's the quickest way back for me... :wink:

well if we are talking quickest way back we may as well all get the train! :lol::wink:
    FCN = 4
  • veronese68
    Phew, that helps. I’ll get there as close to 6:15 and wait
  • mtb-idle
    A good ride last night followed by some beers and then another good ride home (or to the station for me, 80+km was enough for me).

First pic of the SCR peloton

More pics to follow...
    FCN = 4
  • rhodrich
    That was great fun yesterday - thanks all! With over 5 hours in the saddle, 80 miles ridden, and Critten Lane, Leith and Box Hill ascents on fixed yesterday, this morning's commute was challenging, especially with under 6 hours sleep. Well worth it though - really enjoyable.
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • anonymousblackfg
    anonymousblackfg Posts: 2,029
    edited June 2019
    Great to see everyone, I am still trying to work out whether the whole thing was a touch too ambitious but well done to Rhodrich, descending Leith to check where me and MTB-Idle had got to solidly put us in our place.

All I can say is thank god I had some chips.
  • mtb-idle
    Great to see everyone, I am still trying to work out whether the whole thing was a touch too ambitious but well done to Rhodrich, descending Leith to check where MTB-Idle had got to solidly put us in our place.

All I can say is thank god I had some chips.

ahem, i think you meant to type "to check where me and MTB-Idle had got to" :oops:
    FCN = 4