edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

extra coffee is called for, though not planning on doing much

couple of nights ago i dreamed i was in mogadishu, hope that's not an omen
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another wet Wednesday here in Lincolnshire, what to do today ? Possibly go and have a look at New fence panels
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    Morning, another wet Wednesday here in Lincolnshire, what to do today ? Possibly go and have a look at New fence panels
    Staring at fence panels? Probably more fun than daytime TV. Off soon for a v early morning appointment with eye consultant, more scans, images, and hopefully less tutting.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    First hybrid commute for ages, Shane it’s ferking raining.

Using the old, old best bike to prove I use all of my bikes - haven’t used it in years
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    I do a hybrid commute twice a week.

On the train and ready for the first round of prospective minion interviews. Interspersed with some real work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dampish out. Enjoyed the spin in.

High level of cake desire. Someone brought back some chocolates from Vienna, but they are tainted by marzipan, which is vile and quite possibly poison, so I've been ignoring them. It clearly states on the ingredients that there is 6.5% marzipan in the choc, but two people said they don't taste of marzipan. Due to the cake desire, I foolishly took a bite, and wasn't immediately assailed by the vileness of hydrogen cyanide, so started chewing. Dear reader - I was forced to gob out half chewed chocolate into a tissue and prance about scraping my tongue in horror.

Marzipan. Disgusting. I reckon I can detect the stuff in homeopathic concentrations.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Wet this morning but a dry sunny evening is forecast, I think a day off the gym is in order and a few hours on the bike is what's needed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning fellow semi aquatic organisms. Dry here, well I say dry they roads dry ground is sopping wet.

More water due to be delivered later via plane or something.

Coffee an pastries before we jolly off to French land later for a couple of days to watch noisy cars, annoyingly not Le Man
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    hopkinb wrote:
    Marzipan. Disgusting. I reckon I can detect the stuff in homeopathic concentrations.
    always a huge disappointment to get a slice of cake only to discover that foul sludge lurking under the icing, hiding it in chocs should be a criminal offence
  • step83
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    always a huge disappointment to get a slice of cake only to discover that foul sludge lurking under the icing, hiding it in chocs should be a criminal offence

Didn't spot this, but I concur, Whom ever concocted this should be taken out an shot, NK style with an anti aircraft gun, maybe a Tunguska or even a CIWS. If their already dead dig them up an do it, it has no place on cake or general existence.

I remember many Christmas and wedding cakes slathered in the stuff none of which need it, ban it!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

extra coffee is called for, though not planning on doing much

couple of nights ago i dreamed i was in mogadishu, hope that's not an omen

I seriously question your sanity of you dreamed of being in Mogadishu.

I'm waving the Marzipan liberation front flag. Love the stuff. Better than tooth rotting icing any day.

Must get cracking on removing the old AFM off the Porker.

Is that the old Colnago with new bits on it TLW?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    TL what do you mean hybrid commute, do you mean you've got an old ebike your now using powered by a car battery.
    :)

Drove 25 miles and then rode 9. New parking spot - wonder if I will get clamped!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Is that the old Colnago with new bits on it TLW?
    No, wilier
  • step83
    Heres a puzzler, Fiat 500 Abarth (Fiat bath tubs as I call them to annoy the owners) What is going on with the noise they make, specifically the sporty 595 ones quad exhaust thingys. Its a bloody 1.4 an sounded more meaty than my old V6.
    Obvious had to fire up Das leichttraktor to drone it out with diesel, failed terribly. Confusing but oddly a fun exhaust note.
  • Afternoon. Glorious here! Just back from a dive trip, underwater visibility is excellent and flat calm sea. That's the plan for next few days, boating, diving and the odd ride thrown in for good measure. Sweet.
  • orraloon
    Pah. Central S England again with a blanket of grey cloud. 2 days to the solstice and counting.

To add to the grey mood, long session in the eye hospital. Had got there early, tests and scans completed, saw consultant on schedule but she wanted more scans done. Which is where it went wrong. Other clinics were running up to 1.5 hours late, doctors called out to emergency care, meaning waiting areas were rammed, mainly with the old and decrepits. Nadir of the experience came when this bloke sat down in the vacant chair next to me who simply reeked of stale p155. Could only take so much of it, so I 'kindly' offered to stand and let another old biddy have my seat.

Did get second scans done. Result, more eye jabs coming my way plus eye drops as well now. Condition is improving, which is better than I had feared.

End of rant. Think I'll go and stare at some fence panels.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Afternoon, warm and sunny again here, hooray for Scotland. Potentially bikes again tonight as I'm strava hunting at a local trail center...
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Pah. Central S England again with a blanket of grey cloud. 2 days to the solstice and counting.

To add to the grey mood, long session in the eye hospital. Had got there early, tests and scans completed, saw consultant on schedule but she wanted more scans done. Which is where it went wrong. Other clinics were running up to 1.5 hours late, doctors called out to emergency care, meaning waiting areas were rammed, mainly with the old and decrepits. Nadir of the experience came when this bloke sat down in the vacant chair next to me who simply reeked of stale p155. Could only take so much of it, so I 'kindly' offered to stand and let another old biddy have my seat.

Did get second scans done. Result, more eye jabs coming my way plus eye drops as well now. Condition is improving, which is better than I had feared.

End of rant. Think I'll go and stare at some fence panels.

No luck re.: the jabs 'Loon but at least things are improving.

Apart from the above, where do you stand on Marzipan?
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Afternoon, warm and sunny again here, hooray for Scotland. Potentially bikes again tonight as I'm strava hunting at a local trail center...

Blah, blah, blah. Were are you on this Marzipan thing?
  • sungod
    coriander is even worse than marzipan
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    I'm firmly in the marzipan camp, love the stuff.

I need a cup of tea and about 5 more hours adding to the day, any one care to lend me their 5?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Blah, blah, blah. Were are you on this Marzipan thing?

Can't stand the stuff. 0/10
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

Oooh, Coriander in beef curry is essential.

I suppose you eat Marmite as well? That's Devil's poo.
  • Mmmmmm Marmite!
  • orraloon
    Marzipan, good. Coriander, good. Marmite, good.

All said in the style of Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

I'll eat coriander straight off the bunch, and love a dab of marmite too.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

I have to be in the mood for Marmite, I'm never in that mood.

En route to frenchiville a fellow office luddite driving till we get to sunny Luton then over to Marseille. Should have brought the bike!
  • tlw1
    orraloon wrote:

This
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:

Or that Meat Loaf tune me - Two out of 3 ain't bad.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

marmite is lovely

coriander is cack https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dini ... rious.html
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:

I'll eat coriander straight off the bunch, and love a dab of marmite too.

Sounds like a truly horrible combination.