tuesday is surreally warped

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee and webexes, chat with our own correspondent in lands of sands about nipping over for a confab before the next war, bubbly night

it's going to rain
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice start here gardening finished yesterday, bike ride today but I have just heard on the radio a yellow warning for rain in Lincolnshire again
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Heading to the med for work, so as expected the UK weather has started to improve.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In offices too far from home.

Need to book some races - only got a couple booked for the rest of the year, could do that tonight rather than ale
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    TLW1 wrote:
    could do that tonight rather than ale
    Are you feeling OK?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning, dreamt I was trying out for team INEOS last night! Ha! Anyway back to reality, grey here but supposedly may clear up later which probably translates to rain again. Will def ride if dry.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Morning,
    Resigned to the futility of this weeks weeks plans crumbling around me.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    I don't think it's healthy to live life at this pace, I've not stopped rushing about since 6.30.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, lovely out but really humid in the office, grass in being cut so everyone panics an closes all the windows.

Yellow thunderstorm warnings been issued for the shire so see what little that brings. Does seem we never get any decent thunderstorms now, not like when I was a kid. Blame Brexit?

TLW, do both browse races and drink, whats the worst that can happen?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Step83 wrote:
    Maybe he's learned his lesson :)
    TLW1 wrote:
    Need to book some races - only got a couple booked for the rest of the year
    That 7am 50 mile TT that was supposed to be on Sunday has been rescheduled for September if that floats your boat, it's the weekend after End to End.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Step83 wrote:
    The last time TLW combined race browsing and drinking, he ended up doing Paris-Roubaix on a tall-geared fixie. At least that's how I remember it.
  • Right, RIB prepared for dive trip tomorrow (I dive as well as surf and cycle). Still dry here but overcast so aiming on a ride in a bit. No wind which is nice.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Nothing like having expensive hobbies is there, mine are cycling (MTB and road) skiing and fishing. All gear dependent and huge money pits.

Although I still maintain the most expensive thing I own* is my wife.

*calm down snowflakes
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Nothing like having expensive hobbies is there, mine are cycling (MTB and road) skiing and fishing. All gear dependent and huge money pits.

Although I still maintain the most expensive thing I own* is my wife.

*calm down snowflakes

Indeed. Diving is super expensive, I've had my own boat and gear for years but just fuel etc makes it a really pricey sport. I don't live an expensive lifestyle and I'm fortunate to earn good money so I'm happy to spend on things I enjoy doing. Well, that and wife and kids....
  • FFS!!!! Raining here now and about to go for ride. This fucking weather doing my head in now.
  • step83
    FFS!!!! Raining here now and about to go for ride. This ******* weather doing my head in now.

Have you considered taking up sailing... Oh hang on...

Yeah not pleasant was out in it all weekend bit hairy in places but overall I enjoy riding in the rain weirdly.
  • Step83 wrote:
    FFS!!!! Raining here now and about to go for ride. This ******* weather doing my head in now.

Have you considered taking up sailing... Oh hang on...

Yeah not pleasant was out in it all weekend bit hairy in places but overall I enjoy riding in the rain weirdly.

As it happens I do sail, we're off to Greece in July for a weeks sailing around Southern Ionian. Been last 3 years, fantastic holiday.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Step83 wrote:
    ..;we never get any decent thunderstorms now, not like when I was a kid. Blame Brexit?

I've noticed, Council cut backs.

Went out in a gale and came back on a light breeze and the sun popped out.
    Feel slightly robbed in that the tailwind wasn't as strong had it been the same when I made the turn.

A slight bit of rain must be worrying when you live in Lincolnshire.

Must eat more.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    I've noticed, Council cut backs.

Sternly worded letter to my MP then. It's simply not good enough.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Cr@p day following on from a bad night's sleep. Headache and associated other grief. Did nothing much and even that was a struggle... :|

Tried assembling the MTB, but the fork doesn't fit, so will have to find another. Grrrrr.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    BAF day (Busy As F***) dealing with acquisitions and investment bankers (cockney rhyming slang). I now have 10 interviews lined up for a potential new minion between now and next Monday. More busy-ness is forecast.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    sungod wrote:
    Such a great film
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Are you feeling OK?
    No, being boring seems to make bugger all difference too :(
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    The last time TLW combined race browsing and drinking, he ended up doing Paris-Roubaix on a tall-geared fixie. At least that's how I remember it.
    That about covers it
  • tlw1
    Step83 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Need to book some races - only got a couple booked for the rest of the year
    That 7am 50 mile TT that was supposed to be on Sunday has been rescheduled for September if that floats your boat, it's the weekend after End to End.
    Actually need to get the wife pissed and then I claim we talked about it before I booked it
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Are you feeling OK?
    No, being boring seems to make bugger all difference too :(
    Have a drink.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Such a great film
    And a role model?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Such a great film
    And a role model?
    Hero