Chris Froome

Comments

• jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Some of this conspiracy stuff is mad.

I thought this sort of speculating had died with the popularity of Reddit, but clearly not.

What with Bernal having a fake collar bone break and now Froome either being taken out by forces unknown or chucking himself off his bike becuase of impending bad news, cycling seems to have more loons following it than the US Election or Brexit put together.

Oh and I am all for people believing whatever the heck they want to believe, I just object to it being presented as fact on the internet.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    The problem with these conspiracy nutjobs is they are not benign. It's not just harmless wackdom. The smearing sea of s41t emanating from these bad people causes real world problems in the public discourse.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    RichN95 wrote:
    It's like Dan Brown meets Numberwang
    When I typed this I'd forgotten Mitchell and Webb had literally done just that.

So here is the trailer for the film adaptation of that thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHxHQ00uvcc
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    The problem with these conspiracy nutjobs is they are not benign. It's not just harmless wackdom. The smearing sea of s41t emanating from these bad people causes real world problems in the public discourse.

It's still fallout from the '90s and '00s, no?
  • RichN95.

These sort of people aren't restricted to cycling. It's just people who want a bit of attention.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    RichN95 wrote:

These sort of people aren't restricted to cycling. It's just people who want a bit of attention.

They are on a similar level to anti-vaccers and climate change deniers :roll:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    This is a good primer on how the thinking works

https://www.skeptic.com/downloads/consp ... nd-how.pdf

Of course, Michael Shermer is a RAAM rider from the 80's etc so there is a bit of a cycling link in there.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2019
    orraloon wrote:
    Nah, let him stay in his bedroom amongst the beer cans, pizza boxes and fag ends. Better that than him being in physical contact with sane human beings.

he and his kind are in their bedrooms calculating VAM/FTP but with no qualifications to do so. They probably talk about bike weights but never go out on their bikes. That's the world of the internet.
  • It's almost tempting to join Twatter just to pile into the idiots but some things just not worth doing.

I mean who the f*ck wants to end their every post with #.....
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    The guy with the masonic stuff is way beyond being some sort of attention seeking conspiracy theorist. He looks to me (no medical qualifications) like someone who is deep into a psychosis. I base that purely on the similarities I've seen with a close friend who had paranoid delusions. It makes me very uncomfortable, as I think he genuinely needs help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I’ve just read a bit more of this rubbish.. seems the fact he got in a helicopter, that’s quicker than a car, rather than the waiting ambulance was dodgy, plus the photos weren’t taken by a well known photographer..

Don’t understand the meaning, but seems the reg no of the ambulance having 88 in it was a dead give away this was a setup
  • RichN95.
    sherer wrote:
    I’ve just read a bit more of this rubbish.. seems the fact he got in a helicopter, that’s quicker than a car, rather than the waiting ambulance was dodgy, plus the photos weren’t taken by a well known photographer..
    Michelle Froome is a photographer and fairly well known

This evening walking home I passed what seemed to be a major traffic accident - police, ambulance and fire engine in attendance. Strangely nobody, including myself, went over to take photos like ghouls. So I guess it didn't happen.
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    Is Geraint in on the masonic hoax as well?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    RichN95 wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    Michelle Froome is a photographer and fairly well known

This evening walking home I passed what seemed to be a major traffic accident - police, ambulance and fire engine in attendance. Strangely nobody, including myself, went over to take photos like ghouls. So I guess it didn't happen.

probably a sign that you are a decent human being.

Saw an old an on the floor at the station a few weeks back and everyone crowded round and a few people filmed it, not sure why anyone would want that sort of footage on their phone.

Zeits crashed too so surely Astana must be in on this
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Seems the Masonic conspiracy theorist is appreciating the interest

https://twitter.com/MCaseum/status/1141093017144758272

Note in his pinned tweet he points out that he is sane. That's good to know.
    Welcome to the real world. - Please see my research threads below this opening post. Focus on how the Reality™ of this world is completely different than you think. No conspiracy theories, I hate those
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    There’s a clip from Germany where rubberneckers taking photos of a nasty crash from behind the wheel are pulled out by the German rozzers who take them to the bodies and go “there you go, you can take a proper photo now”. The rubberneckers are quite sheepish at that point.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    The guy with the masonic stuff is way beyond being some sort of attention seeking conspiracy theorist. He looks to me (no medical qualifications) like someone who is deep into a psychosis. I base that purely on the similarities I've seen with a close friend who had paranoid delusions. It makes me very uncomfortable, as I think he genuinely needs help.

It is disturbing. It doesn't help that the internet has empowered their delusional states. Unregulated technology it's not all good.

It's toxic for all involved.

I agree some sort of intervention is required. Be it medical help or..... for those that peddle for profit...the Alex Jones, Sargon of akads etc...for them prosecution.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    There’s a clip from Germany where rubberneckers taking photos of a nasty crash from behind the wheel are pulled out by the German rozzers who take them to the bodies and go “there you go, you can take a proper photo now”. The rubberneckers are quite sheepish at that point.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ffetIbzyK8
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    itboffin wrote:
    Wow that guy is a loon, i wonder if i should tweet him and let him know if he knocks on the door of his local lodge they'd be more than happy to talk to him and might even show him around.

What's with all the numbers?

Jeez, if he looked around my Lodge he'd be in for a shock. Most of them think Sportsman is the local pub.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • The guy with the masonic stuff is way beyond being some sort of attention seeking conspiracy theorist. He looks to me (no medical qualifications) like someone who is deep into a psychosis. I base that purely on the similarities I've seen with a close friend who had paranoid delusions. It makes me very uncomfortable, as I think he genuinely needs help.

Which guy?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091

Which guy?

There was a thread going round on Twitter from an apparently genuine conspiracy nut who was doing things like counting spokes, dividing by the number of ambulances (one - very mystical number, one, always seem to get the same answer you started with no matter how many times you multiply or divide it by one, very suspicious, if you ask me) and then pointing out the result came to another number that had masonic meaning. Apparently masons are very fond of most numbers between 1 and 100, which surprised me as I'd have assumed they preferred the ones that only had straight lines because they're easier to chisel, but I digress. Maybe it's really bloody hard to generate mystical numbers when you've only got one and seven to play with.

Person behind it showed all the signs of wearing the traditional tin foil hat, except the foil is all aluminium these days which doesn't work and that's because of the ALUMIN[AT]Ium and it's probably a sign from the masons because they really want everyone to know about their incredibly secret organisation by always leaving massive clues like their own name in the so-called "METAL" they sell in Asda.

Makes you think.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    If the lanterne rouge thread is The Tour, Carpet Man just won the Dolphin
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    The Aluminati.

Wake up, sheeple!!
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    What made me think today was going down a hill at the speed froome was doing. I would not want to hit anything hard and stationary at that speed. Any outcome would be in the lap of the gods.
    Half man, Half bike
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Ridgerider wrote:
    What made me think today was going down a hill at the speed froome was doing. I would not want to hit anything hard and stationary at that speed. Any outcome would be in the lap of the gods.
    Am I correct in assuming that you did not have the confidence to take a hand off the bars for a snot shot?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I did actually because I had to turn left halfway down, and I am a stickler for the highway code. But I was probably going a bit slower by then.

I am sure froome is a better bike handler than me, he got very unlucky with the timing of the gust of wind and his road position relative to the corner of the wall.

Anyway...back to the more obvious theories behind his crash...
    Half man, Half bike
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Problem I've got with it, right, is if this Froome character is one of the reptilian masonic illuminati like wot control the world, wake up sheeples, how come they allowed the wind to gust too hard to cause him to hit the wall? Are they not in full control? We need to be told.
  • fredmac
    fredmac Posts: 83
    Ridgerider wrote:

I am sure froome is a better bike handler than me,

Well, I haven't seen you ride a bike but I wouldn't be too sure about that.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    fredmac wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

I am sure froome is a better bike handler than me,

Well, I haven't seen you ride a bike but I wouldn't be too sure about that.
    Based purely on TV highlights and memory Chris does appear to crash on a regular basis so you may be on to something there.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    The Aluminati.

Wake up, sheeple!!

They are obvious as they only ride CAAD framed bikes.