Roadlink + Campagnolo SR 2009

ttd
ttd Posts: 17
edited June 2019 in Workshop
Hello,

the question is: will my 2009 SR work with a Wolf Tooth Roadlink?

I'm going to switch to 11-32 cassette (currently 11-29) but I am not sure whether or not such a combination will work. I suppose yes, it will, but...

Has anyone of you ever tried a Roadlink with a Campagnolo drivetrain?

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TTD wrote:
    Hello,

I'm going to switch to 11-32 cassette (currently 11-29) but I am not sure whether or not such a combination will work. I suppose yes, it will, but...

I don't know but what I do know is that I use a Wipperman connex, which is stainless steel, easy to install and remove, multi use.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ttd
    ttd Posts: 17
    Pinno wrote:
    TTD wrote:
    Hello,

I don't know but what I do know is that I use a Wipperman connex, which is stainless steel, easy to install and remove, multi use.

You're talking about a chain link. My question pertains to something completely different.
  • pinno
    Oh I see - you want to run a wide ratio cassette with a standard reach rear mech?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    It should do, in fact i've been half arsed looking myself to go one my 2015 11 speed chorus, I fancy a bit of 32T action
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • pinno
    itboffin wrote:
    It should do, in fact i've been half arsed looking myself to go one my 2015 11 speed chorus, I fancy a bit of 32T action

That's 'cos you're overweight and feeble.
  • itboffin
    there is quite a bit of truth to that statement
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • pinno
    itboffin wrote:
    there is quite a bit of truth to that statement

If you take the plunge, let us know how you get on and i'll look into it too.
  • itboffin
    Merincycles have a sunrace version for £8
  • pinno
    You mean 'Merlin' ?