Sunday and the birds are singing

surfercyclist
surfercyclist Posts: 894
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Despite being off for 10 days I succumbed to the filthy lucre and off to work. Dry here amazingly but fortunately there is a forecast of rain just to keep this shite run of weather ongoing.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning

ride ride ride, try yet another energy bar in the quest for something edible

not long until the summer solstice, all downhill from there, sigh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunshine at last, Notts wheeler sportive today, let’s hope the sun keeps shining
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow start but it’s still down to me to walk the hound. Later will be walking him to the pub :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I got a fathers day car which contains a 3rd leaf which can be cut out to make a racing car :D
    Appealing to a 6 and 8 year old I guess.
    The sun is out. For how long I have no idea. As long as it's warm enough in the conservatory to prove the bread dough whilst I take the toots swimming.

Then Le Mans/Dauphine swap around.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Spitting with rain here but no big deal as Muttley has strained a muscle in his leg and is not feel in like exerting himself too much so I can sit and enjoy the peace. Later will be a few jobs to do as usual.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    met office - no rain
    accuweather - no rain
    meteo - no rain

ffs another drenching and of course no asssaver or shoecovers, like a river coming back over tower bridge

forecasters are evil witches and should be burnt

today's energy bar was sis choc fudge, tolerable, recipe could do with extra cocoa for a more grown up flavour
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been had. Daughter bought me a fathers day card saying when she grows up she’d like to be as funny as I think I am. No respect, but she’s definitely ahead on that one.
    Off to see the old dear later, both sisters will be there so as not to leave mum alone. Tomorrow would have been the old man’s 80th so thinking of him quite a lot. Might get them to look through some of his paperwork whilst they’re here.
    May need a beer by tonight.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Crisp day, some frost about early. Took dog for a walk and she misbehaved, so is in the, well, doghouse.

Pulled up more tiles, a job to do in small sections. Then out to lunch, lovely drive on a winter day, roof down, heater on.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod wrote:
    met office - no rain
    accuweather - no rain
    meteo - no rain

ffs another drenching and of course no asssaver or shoecovers, like a river coming back over tower bridge

forecasters are evil witches and should be burnt
    The forecast here was spot on. Started raining about 11 right on cue, and raining a lot.

I went out at stupid o clock to ride the sportive thingy while it was dry, everyone who started at the normal time got drenched, although they did get coffee, cake and beans on toast. Karma came in the form of the puncture fairy which meant I missed meeting up with the people I was planning to meet en route :|

Just been to a depressingly poor food festival. Had some fantastic paella and he gave us everything he had left because he wasn't expecting any more customers so just wanted to pack up and go home :(
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Daughter bought me a fathers day card saying when she grows up she’d like to be as funny as I think I am. No respect, but she’s definitely ahead on that one.
    :lol:

Thought I might get something decent since I've funded a car and another hound for her so far this year, but nope.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Daughter bought me a fathers day card saying when she grows up she’d like to be as funny as I think I am. No respect, but she’s definitely ahead on that one.

Thought I might get something decent since I've funded a car and another hound for her so far this year, but nope.
    Ungrateful bloody kids, lad hasn’t made it back from Brum yet. I have had several phone calls though. I think he’s blown the head gasket on the Mini.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    I bleepin' hate this bleepin' weather. Set to go out, forecast ok, nope big black clouds appear and torrential rain. Ok, leave it a while. Sun comes out, ground dries up. Get sorted, start out. 30 mins later, here comes the rain again, bin it. I blame Brexit.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Ungrateful bloody kids, lad hasn’t made it back from Brum yet. I have had several phone calls though. I think he’s blown the head gasket on the Mini.
    Hopefully he's got an AA card or something rather than dragging you out to rescue him? I eventually got one of those Lindt chocolate rabbits from Stropteen for Fathers' day, which I remembered had been given to her as a pressie by the neighbours at Easter :roll:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I got a pair of socks and a nice lunch up in town. Not really a sufficiency of peace and quiet.

Mrs H3 is in full planning mode for the upcoming building works. We have been to 4 kitchen shops. I am somewhat flabbergasted how much a german kitchen costs.
  • veronese68
    Lad has RAC cover, he’s still waiting for the tow truck.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Hb, you have to factor in how much these German companies are paying Sagan et al.

Daughter #1's father's day gift is a dad and daughter day of my choice. Now then, got her out on her bike for the first time in many years on the last bank holiday, which she enjoyed. Do I say ok then, let's do a sportive together, as with (step)daughter #2, get the training in, oh and get a new bike, you've got 3 months? Or do I do a spa day or similar? Mind you, never done a sky dive...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I eventually got one of those Lindt chocolate rabbits from Stropteen for Fathers' day, which I remembered had been given to her as a pressie by the neighbours at Easter :roll:

She being entrepreneurial and taking after you.

#lookafterthepennies
    sungod wrote:
    ...today's energy bar was sis choc fudge, tolerable, recipe could do with extra cocoa for a more grown up flavour

I haven't found an energy bar that I like. There's one thing though - why do you need energy bars in the big smoke? There must be a 1000 cafe's and pastry/cake outlets within shouting distance.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I eventually got one of those Lindt chocolate rabbits from Stropteen for Fathers' day, which I remembered had been given to her as a pressie by the neighbours at Easter :roll:

#lookafterthepennies
    More likely she forgot about Fathers day until this weekend and had a nose around for something that didn't involve going to the shops.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

#lookafterthepennies
    More likely she forgot about Fathers day until this weekend and had a nose around for something that didn't involve going to the shops.

Creative resource procurement.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    I haven't found an energy bar that I like. There's one thing though - why do you need energy bars in the big smoke? There must be a 1000 cafe's and pastry/cake outlets within shouting distance.
    not for in town, only eating them here to try out

normally just use them for long hard rides where I'll be burning 3-4000 kcal or more, if i don't keep eating along the way i build up an energy deficit

used to like the zipvit zv8 choc ones, but they're no longer made
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

#lookafterthepennies

Creative resource procurement.
    I know exactly what I'll get her for her 18th birthday. Actually I already have it :twisted:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    When our two lads dropped in to 'surprise' me on Fathers day I got some interesting bottled beers, a small sack of Perky Blenders coffee beans (surprisingly pleasant) and a promise of a Wiggle voucher, as yet to be emailed to me...

They also took us out for a lovely pub lunch.

Nice work boys!