'ning

not raining

up and down, round and round, coffee, not sure whether it'll be cake or savoury

stay not raining
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Dry here too, off to wales to go up and down for 26 odd miles - should be ferkin horrible
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry here let’s hope it stays dry for a few weeks, out on the bike soon
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    It's not raining here yet, some is forecast this morning though. Need to get bike cleaned ready for a race tomorrow then start packing for Tuesday's jolly.
    Good look TLW, on Facebook they're telling everyone to go to the cafe and buy some marathon cake.
  • Morning, glorious sunshine here!!! So, plan is morning surf and afternoon ride. Nice.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Pi$$ed down all night. It's supposed to clear up and then I will go for a pedal.
    Going to make a makeshift bearing press in the meantime. Or I might just bash it with a hammer.

Why go West TLW? Don't forget your passport.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    sunny start, now it has gone dark, wondering if that was thunder in the distance

in the end went for cake, then savoury
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Exciting morning. Lie in, bank, cafe for coffee and bacon sarni, petrol station etc. May go for a run later to shed a few of the calories accumulated in the second half of the week.

New hound is due to be collected a week tomorrow so will need to get a few bits and pieces for him at some point.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    The rain turned into a couple of hours of drizzle. It's quite nice now.
    Glad I checked my bike over, the chainrings had come loose. Thought maybe I just didn't do the chainrings bolts tight enough last time but turned out the lockring holding the spider on the crank had come loose. Cannondale must've run out of loctite that day.
    Pinno wrote:
    Why go West TLW? Don't forget your passport.
    Life is peaceful there and the skies are blue.

Border control will still be asleep at that time of the morning so he's safe.
  • pinno
    Press made. 1 x 100mm bolt, 3 nuts (2 locked together), 2 oversized washers and 2 presses from an engine seal removal/insertion kit.
    Bingo. Couldn't beleive how far in the bearing seats went in considering.
    Maybe this will restore my faith in Campag. Looks like a battle with the wind today but it's brightened up no end. No doubt there will be loads of debris on the roads.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Lazy start for no good reason given it was such a lovely day. Spent an hour pulling up some more floor tiles downstairs, only another 8-10 hours work in it... :roll:

Sold an old computer monitor, bought a spare pair of MTB forks, but I think the damned things are 10 mm too short in the steerer.. :x I may try a very low profile stem and see if that gives me enough room to fit it, but they'll likely end up sold on again for something else. What's the lowest stack external headset brand???
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Lazy start for no good reason given it was such a lovely day. Spent an hour pulling up some more floor tiles downstairs, only another 8-10 hours work in it... :roll:

Sold an old computer monitor, bought a spare pair of MTB forks, but I think the damned things are 10 mm too short in the steerer.. :x I may try a very low profile stem and see if that gives me enough room to fit it, but they'll likely end up sold on again for something else. What's the lowest stack external headset brand???

Angle grinder?
  • So just back from my afternoon ride. Start off in lovely sunshine, soaked by mile 10, dry out by mile 25 and wet again by mile 40! Flaming June!
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Thistle if your bike is relatively new and has discs, check the ring holding the disc,s onto the wheel hub. One of the lads on the C2C I did the other wk had one of his come loose on his brand new cannondale.
    Just went and checked, the hub and disc mount look like they're machined from the same block (can't see a joint). Mine's a 6 bolt mount, were his centrelock?
  • pinno
    No idea.

Bloody Brutal ride today and now the bloody sun has bloody well gone and bloody well popped out. Bloody hell.
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    The only hill I know of that's has a warning of death part way down.
    I know of a couple at coed y brenin. Speaking of which, hope tlw1 is still alive.
    Pinno wrote:
    Bloody Brutal ride today and now the bloody sun has bloody well gone and bloody well popped out. Bloody hell.
    My bikes been fettled to hell and back ready for tomorrow's early TT, the holes in my skinsuit have been repaired, weather forecast is beautiful for 7am and now some bugger has gone and dug a big hole in the road so the whole thing's cancelled :(
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    I know of a couple at coed y brenin. Speaking of which, hope tlw1 is still alive.
    Pinno wrote:
    My bikes been fettled to hell and back ready for tomorrow's early TT, the holes in my skinsuit have been repaired, weather forecast is beautiful for 7am and now some bugger has gone and dug a big hole in the road so the whole thing's cancelled :(

Road repairs :roll: This place is littered with them. ...and damn surface dressing ...and pot holes.

It's not even better in France. How did they get rid of that puddle at the end of today's Dauphine stage?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    oxoman wrote:
    I know of a couple at coed y brenin. Speaking of which, hope tlw1 is still alive
    Just! Hamstrings were tighter than a southern tax accountant which made it a painful experience
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    I know of a couple at coed y brenin. Speaking of which, hope tlw1 is still alive
    Just! Hamstrings were tighter than a southern tax accountant which made it a painful experience
    Just as well I'm a Northerner :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

When you want to be.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

When you want to be.
    Best of both worlds.